Boat values

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gonesailing13

Vessel Name
Graceful
Vessel Make
Marine Trader
Does anyone have any experience with Boat US boat value check. Every boat I have asked about has come back about 10 - 20 thousand less than the asking price. Not sure if they're way out of touch or on the money with they're values. I know prices will vary with options on a boat but 20 thousand sounds way off.Does anyone have any other places to look for used boat prices. Maybe if I look at some different sites I can get a better idea what's a fair price.

When I was shopping I found the same experience at NADA, very off.

I went to Yacht World and looked all the boats with 10 years of mine for sale and did some averaging.

I had broker who gave me some numbers from boats that had sold this year that were near to the one I was looking at.

Finally I got a survey on the boat I was looking at and the survey price was inline with what I saw for yacht world for sale +- 10%.

Regards,
Kurt

Does anyone have any experience with Boat US boat value check. Every boat I have asked about has come back about 10 - 20 thousand less than the asking price. Not sure if they're way out of touch or on the money with they're values. I know prices will vary with options on a boat but 20 thousand sounds way off.Does anyone have any other places to look for used boat prices. Maybe if I look at some different sites I can get a better idea what's a fair price.

Use the BUC valuation guide as a general guide- much better than NADA (which is for cars).

I use the professional version of Buc as one of my valuation references and lately it seems to be closest. Abos and Nada seem to be more generic and the accessory lists don't lend themselves to larger boats with more systems but seem to be in the ballpark on trailer boats.

Sales data is available from yacht brokers and if you are working with one ask them to share that with you. I subscribe to soldboats.com where yachtworld.com "reported" sales prices are posted and share that information with my clients. In my view real life transactions are the best indicator...

soldboats.com is your only accurate choice. It is available to us brokers and if your working with one he should be sharing the data with you. Have him or her search sales since 2012 two model years older and newer then what your looking at.

Back
Top Bottom