Present 42 Roll Call

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forkliftt

Guru
Vessel Name
KnotDoneYet
Vessel Make
1983 42' Present Sundeck
I know we have a few on the board. Graham for one. Who is out there?? Interesting note, using a Documentation website that Keith had mentioned years ago- I pulled up Patricia Louise and it gave a list of some past owners. With some creative Google effort I was able to locate and call a prior owner who is now 80 years old. I sent him a couple of current pics and hope to get some early shots of our boat back from him. I also found out they had made the Great Loop in her. I hope to get more info on that also.

Hi Steve,*** My 42' is a 1987, with twin sp225's, home port Nassau, Bahamas. She has not yet been "christened" but we are leaning towards "Take Five II.."********* This roll call is a great idea.

Regards,* Graham*.

Hey Graham, that's two:).
When you get a chance you need to post some pictures of that great looking ship of yours!!

Nice Avatar Graham!

We are going to be meeting with "Mike the Knife" in a few days to have the stripes on our boat replaced. I am also going to consider having him whip up a "Present 42" logo. The only "sample" I have to work from is a sales brio hire that came with the boat. Does anyone have any other literature out there that might be a better choice to pull from?
img_79129_0_2a3bed3864a1ffae7afde2e238eb4d5e.jpg

I don't know if this applies, but our 38 has a metal plate "Present 38 MY" on each side of the bridge deck.

Bob

BobH wrote:

I don't know if this applies, but our 38 has a metal plate "Present 38 MY" on each side of the bridge deck.

Bob

Absolutly!! Can you post a picture of it?

We're going tp close on the boat next Wednesday. I'll get a picture then and post it.

Bob

Thank you. Congratulations on your purchase!

Here is a picture of the name plate. There is also the same image molded into the side panels on the back deck. It's white on white so it's hard to make out.

Bob

-- Edited by BobH on Saturday 24th of March 2012 07:46:33 AM

Attachments

• boat pics 008.jpg
    boat pics 008.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 245
  • boat pics 012.jpg
    boat pics 012.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 238
Thats perfect Bob! I see that it is the same font as my sales literature. As soon as I can get my vinyl guy to the boat I'm gonna get a couple of sets made up for Graham and myself.

Calling BobH

* Hey Bob, Graham and I are about to pull the trigger on our new logo's. Any chance you could post a picture of your logo with more boat in the background? I need to see where yours is attached so I can put mine in the same place. Thanks!

Not sure if this worked. I did the "Manage Attachments" and the pictures went somewhere I guess.

Let me know if it didn't work and I can do a direct email.

Bob

Tried again. It'a just behind the horns.

Attachments

• DSC02994.jpg
    DSC02994.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 239
  • DSC02995.jpg
    DSC02995.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Got it. Thanks Bob!

Is that the owners manual ?? !! PLEASE would you be willing to share the info. I have been looking all over the internet for any info. We are basically just trying to figure out the systems and have no info on the boat itself only aftermarket additions.

Chris and Roger

Our FuHwa Sundeck is so close in design to Forkliftt's sundeck I often wonder if she is from the same yard.

Is that the owners manual ?? !! PLEASE would you be willing to share the info. I have been looking all over the internet for any info. We are basically just trying to figure out the systems and have no info on the boat itself only aftermarket additions.

Chris and Roger
Sorry Chris and Roger-I have been side swiped with work and absent for a while. The photo posted is a sales brochure but I would be happy to send you copies. We have had our ship since '06 so may be able to answer any questions you have.

Tie A Knot 1986 Sundeck. Currently doing the Great Loop. Saw one other Present on the first half of the loop in Georgetown S.C. We seem to be a scarce breed! Are currently having issues with 'smoking Lehman diesels'.
Gary & Jann Merrill

Saw a 38 Nautique for sale in CA. Looked identical to our Present 38. We even have the Nautique logo on the front deck. We are planning on the Loop next year. What engines do you have?

Bob

Reply to Engine Question

225 hp turbo charged Lehmans. We did the Champlain/St. Lawrence because of the Erie closure and highly recommend it. BEAUTIFUL

Same engines we have. Did not want to hear that. How many hours?

Bob

Just got an email from Jack Sarin, now a mega yacht designer, and he did the design for the 38 and then stretched it for a 42.

Just thought it was interesting,

Bob

Great info. Would love to hear more about the design of these boats.

Is this mostly a Volvo boat?...

I think the majority come with Leahman 135s. You will see a few with Perkins and even fewer with Volvos. I think the preferred models would be Lehman powered.

1987 Present 42 Sundeck Power Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

This one close to us. What speed does she go at WOT? Is this mostly a Volvo boat? Cruise speed?

Drooling. Might chat with broker. Too much going on to try to buy.

But still...
What a beautiful vessel! Twin Volvo's, 200 hp it says. I got up to 12.5 mph with my girl once (twin Lehman 135's). Had locked into the Mississippi at the Harvey lock, headin south to the Industrial Lock. River was WAY high, I thought steering would be a concern, but turned out to be a non issue :). I love to look at pics of the later Present 42's and see the areas she was improved on.

Great info. Would love to hear more about the design of these boats.

According to Jack Sarin the 38 was commissioned by Jerry Schei of Edmonds Yacht Sales. I contacted Edmonds and this is their response: "Sorry we do not have any information on your vessel". I guess that's the end of that.

Bob

According to Jack Sarin the 38 was commissioned by Jerry Schei of Edmonds Yacht Sales. I contacted Edmonds and this is their response: "Sorry we do not have any information on your vessel". I guess that's the end of that.

Bob

Bob, is there any difference between the 38s like yours and the more "traditional" looking 38s??? I think Present(or whoever) was aiming more at the motoryacht crowd with your boat(hence more powerful engines) and the trawler crowd with the more traditional 38....usually powered by Lehman/Perkins 135s...

Back
Top Bottom