Refrigerator Question......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Old Stone wrote:
We have some nice scenery here in the East, for sure, but nothing like those shots. Just wonderful!
I have to give Carey the credit for my third photo.* I took it but he discovered the location and the view.

It's on Walt's boat. Flywright found it not to pass survey and that it needed improvement. Walt's statement that he keeps one bottle of JD on hand was not adequate.
I realize that this is an old post but one who's subject continues to surface. Since I am the brunt of the negative posts about my refrigerator, here is what I intend to do about it!

Attachments

• Empty Frig (Old).jpg
    Empty Frig (Old).jpg
    96 KB · Views: 105
  • Budweiser Box.jpg
    Budweiser Box.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 98
Maybe you should just have the Bud Girls on your boat serving the drinks...............bet the would drink warm beer......:thumb:

Maybe you should just have the Bud Girls on your boat serving the drinks...............
i considered just that but my wife is a bit of a prude. :blush:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-08-05 at 11.35.32 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2013-08-05 at 11.35.32 AM.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 95
I gotta move my beer lower! Here's a shot while underway today. The beer shifted in transit, so now I'm sitting here testing them one-by-one. I'll report back if I find a bad one.

img_171819_0_6393488a83efb718aed5b82ee84d01d9.jpg

Here's a shot of fridge #2 full of food. I had to add it to keep the food from spoiling while the beer stayed cold. The Admiral is funny that way... :D

img_171819_1_09df8a89b1a4f2154ba04531bbce773b.jpg

Here's a shot of fridge #2 full of food. I had to add it to keep the food from spoiling while the beer stayed cold. The Admiral is funny that way... :D

img_171821_0_09df8a89b1a4f2154ba04531bbce773b.jpg
Al: Where are your refrigerators located on your boat?

I gotta move my beer lower! Here's a shot while underway today. The beer shifted in transit, so now I'm sitting here testing them one-by-one. I'll report back if I find a bad one.

img_171823_0_6393488a83efb718aed5b82ee84d01d9.jpg
Take care Flywright, boats have been lost by cargo moving. The bottle of water is the likely culprit.

img_171824_0_db58ac8366c517dc729c16aa95e4ec05.jpg

Food fridge aft port, secured on counter top, drinks fridge built-in under counter aft stbd. (bad lighting, but I think you get the idea.)

Last edited:
Scientifically speaking, Walt has the right idea. The coldest air is at the bottom of the fridge.:socool:

Strange:ermm:

Was under the impression the drinks where aboard the Coot???

They were...until he brought them all over to Mahalo Moi after we fixed the water leak a few weeks ago.

I have come well prepared with reinforcements for the week in Angel Island. I may have to revert to beers on ice in a cooler just to keep up with the demand! :D

Don't tell Al...but I have a bakers dozen of IPAs in my frig.....

You mean in the fridge on this boat off my bow right now?

img_171851_0_de33471e60eb0010d232cc79d10fce97.jpg

Hang on.....I'll be right back!

img_171852_0_fd0296a5f082e011929443e0a9810b5d.jpg

Make that an even dozen. Thanks, Ray! I think I'm going to love being in this new marina with you (and your refrigerator).

Last edited:
There went the neighborhood Ray!

Happen to know a couple open berths in Isleton if ya need one.

Thanks, Craig! I'll have to keep an eye on that man over the next few days...plus his buddy from Carson City.

While the fridge is out of the cabinet, is a good time to add one or two computer fans (12v) to come on with th e fridge. They do a lot of cooling for a very low electrical load.

The better grade of RV /boat fridges exhaust the compressor air thru the front , so no added fans are required.

img_172330_0_fd0296a5f082e011929443e0a9810b5d.jpg

Make that an even dozen. Thanks, Ray! I think I'm going to love being in this new marina with you (and your refrigerator).

-------------------------------------------------
Red Solo Cup (Unedited Version) - Toby Keith

Al
Somewhere in your future I think that counter top fridge has to go away in favor of a Kegerator. But in the the meantime I think you will just have to make do with a "Red Solo Cup". Link attached!!

Last edited:
Al and Ray seemed to like consuming my Lagunitas Brewery Co. Little Sumpin Sumpin Ale (7.5%) and Undercover Investigation Shut-Down Ale (9.75%). The Coot's ale supply after AI is highly diminished!

While the fridge is out of the cabinet, is a good time to add one or two computer fans (12v) to come on with th e fridge. They do a lot of cooling for a very low electrical load.

Fred,

That is exactly what I did. The remote comperssor for our Isotherm was under the bunk in the guest cabin. After adding computer fan tied into the compressor circut our amp usage went down.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom