View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #7
Joe Pica

City: New. Bern
Vessel Name: Carolyn Ann
Vessel Model: Currently a Rosborough 246 was GH N-37
Hummm,
Seems many there are uneducated, inexperienced opinions and conjectures reference the sea handling capability of Great Harbors. I can assure all, that in my extensive experiences, these are very good handling boats. I am a full time live a board cruiser on an N-37 with over 30,000 miles under the keel. I've traveled the entire length most of the western Rivers to include the Ohio River , and adjoining rivers and the middle and lower Mississippi. I've done the great loop twice both routes through Great Lakes and crossed the Gulf of Mexico corner 6 times and made offshore runs of up to 340 miles and cruised Maine. They are the best handling 37' boat I've ever been on. The hull design is by Lou Codega who is a very respected and highly credentialed professional Naval Architect. The hull is a "form stable"(his term not mine) design to create stable stiff hull that is self stabilized. I suggest those wanting the designer's perspective should query him. I'm just a very happy end user and cruiser. Slow they are, as these are displacement hull speed only trawlers with heavy construction (hoist weight on mine at last haul out was 46,000lbs.). Several owners make multiple day off shore runs. It is a fact that one travels all over the Pacific after being run from Jacksonville Fla thru the Panama Canal to Hawaii. Also one ran from Jacksonville to Bermuda and then to Newport RI. Both which are not on my agenda.

Joe
GH N37 "Carolyn Ann"
Joe Pica is offline   Reply With Quote