New to trawlers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjenson

Vessel Name
Flight
Vessel Make
Monk 36
Hi, I am new to the forum. I have spent many years working and sailing on the Chesapeake Bay. I have just made the move from sail to trawler with the purchase of a Monk 36.

The wife and I plan to work about 3 more years before retirement and move to a more active cruising lifestyle.

In the meanwhile I hope continue to cruise the Chesapeake while making the transition to trawlers.

Welcome. You will find lots of us on here who have moved from sailing to trawlers, for various and sundry reasons (usually just getting older, I suspect).

John

Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard!!! Consider yourself EVOLVED!!!!!

Welcome! We bought our Monk in 2008 and have enjoyed cruising in it very much.

Same here, just joined, but have been "lurking" here for well over a year. We bought our Marine Trader Trawler a year ago this month, and have enjoyed it immensely as I do this
forum. I have learned a lot from you guys, and maybe sometime I will be able to offer something in the way of help

Frank

Welcome ,I just bought my trawler a year ago.And also owned sailboats before trawler. Lots of good stuff on this forum.

Pack Mule, hope you are enjoying your trawler as much as we are..

Frank

Frank

I checked your profile - You bought Tika Too! In Oriental.

Well done.

Yes we did Ben. One year ago this month. WE dealt with Sonny over at Cape Lookout
Yacht sales. She was located at Whittaker creek marina. She is now in a covered slip
at Remlik Marina just above Urbana Va......Thank you,

Frank

Frank

Yes we are . We're on it now .Still have lots of work to do, just kicking back this weekend .

Welcome aboard.

Last year we went from sail ((39 Allied ketch) to a 36 Mainship aft cabin. Change-over was due to wife's recent health issues.
It's hard to shake the old attitude that wind is free and so should fuel.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom