Follow me, Left marathon for Tennessee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there is a nice anchorage immediately above Watts Bar lock on your starboard side once you lock through.

I didn't see this until I was anchored. But it's the second little cove on the port side. Very nice. And no bugs I'm laying outside on the bow.

I am pretty sure you can directly upload videos just as you would a photo. Try it and see?

Cove you are in on your port side of lock is good too. Great shots of your boat- she is not bad looking for a bayliner!! :socool::thumb::socool: Honestly- she is a nice looking aft cabin- well propotioned and nice lines. This has been a very fun thread for everyone I think. I hope to maybe have one like it myself if we end up taking our 45 down to the Tampa Bay area next month! :dance:

There I is

Attachments

• image-1363495467.jpg
    image-1363495467.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 128
Is there a way to put videos on here I took a few clips going up I think you guys would like

From post #8 of this thread http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s22/set-up-your-account-|-help-tips-etc-5739.html

"You can embed a YouTube video (provided it's on topic) in a post. Just copy the url of the video from your browser address line and paste it into your post. The video will display when you make the post."

Here is a video I happen to be listening to in another tab right now for example...

Tommy Emmanuel - Somewhere Over The Rainbow (live 2006 Leverkusen) - YouTube

I suppose I blew the on topic part though :blush:

David, I hate to see your trip come to an end, I've enjoyed every minute of it.
CP: Somewhere Over the Rainbow was outstanding, takes me way back.
Mike
Baton Rouge, LA

Good morning

Attachments

• image-1201145436.jpg
    image-1201145436.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 109
Still cruising. It keeps gettin better. Watts Bar is it only second to the little Tennessee River

Attachments

• image-3560075386.jpg
    image-3560075386.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 97
  • image-3877370578.jpg
    image-3877370578.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 107
David, did you go through the Iron Hill Cutt Off or around Sand Island and by Euchee?

This is Ft. loudon lock. I believe it is the number 2 as far as lift about 80ft . The river was full of debrie but it would seem it would be easy enough to clear the lock. I had to bump it then coast in neutral hoping the next bump didn't bring a clunk in the prop. That's the last lock for a while.

Attachments

• image-33912232.jpg
    image-33912232.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3823839056.jpg
    image-3823839056.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 111
  • image-4283742399.jpg
    image-4283742399.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 121
  • image-817011015.jpg
    image-817011015.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 97
  • image-4109977698.jpg
    image-4109977698.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 97
  • image-1002024067.jpg
    image-1002024067.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 98
I see I'm almost to 14000 views. I've only heard from a few. I guess the rest were just visitors that couldn't comment. I'd like to hear from you if you enjoyed the ride and if there's anything I can do better on the way back to Florida in the fall let me no. I'm going to rest for a while and try to do some repairs I need a lot I kinda planed on the fuel cost but the docking at 1.50 to 2.50 a ft per night. Well I tried to anchor out. I have to see if they needs a greeter at Walmart For the boaters ya gotta make this trip up the Tennessee it's beautiful. My email is mrmomdav@gmail.com

Attachments

• image-2222152194.jpg
    image-2222152194.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 98
  • image-3553603608.jpg
    image-3553603608.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 90
David,
I am one of your lurkers your posts are sure making me think hard about doing the same. I have been land locked on the Lower Colorado with 20' run about's for the past 56 years. Sure wish LCRA would build some locks on the Colorado so I could break out to the sea. I guess I will have to go find a nice economical cruiser and trailer it to the sea. Thanks for your posts

Loved the posts and pics. We hope to move aboard next year, and head South along the route you've taken North. Great job, great inspiration!

I really look forward to your posts everyday. Boating in the PNW we never get to see that type of cruising, with its different scenery and especially locks. This site has been great with those who document their trips. Keep the photos coming.

Hi David. I've been enjoying your cruise. The commentary and pic have been great. As I'm in the land of Oz I'm not familiar with the area so haven't been able to contribute. Thanks for the trip I have enjoyed following you.
Cheers Doug

Last edited:
David,
Congratulations on your trip. Very nice to have followed along via this thread. Here's to a great season or two on the upper Tennessee/Tellico for you!

Really good thread, just the right amount of detail and the pictures were perfect, enjoyed following along.

We also enjoyed reading your adventure & hopefully someday soon we'll depart the upper TX coast for Mobile & then up the Tenn-Tom to the TN River.

Not sure that I had ever chimed in or not but have thoroughly enjoyed this and Daddyo's thread. Wife and I plan on the great loop with an emphasis on the many tributaries of it, if and when I retire. This thread has been particularly entertaining to follow as I have a fondness for inland cruising.

David, enjoyed every bit of your trip, thank you for taking us along !

Love the pictures and conversation - Great help in keeping me inspired.

Can't wait for the next trip....

Happy New Year to everyone. I'm putting a new autopilot, Garmin 740 and a refrigerator in. I'm planning to clean out the heat exchanger and I'd still like to get 100ft of chain. But I plan to ft Myers an over to the Bahamas next fall. Anyway I'll be on the move again soon.

Happy New Year to everyone. I'm putting a new autopilot, Garmin 740 and a refrigerator in. I'm planning to clean out the heat exchanger and I'd still like to get 100ft of chain. But I plan to ft Myers an over to the Bahamas next fall. Anyway I'll be on the move again soon.
Where in the Bahamas do you plan to go?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom