Old 07-25-2013, 07:21 AM   #7
Tom.B
Guru

City: Cary, NC
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by knotheadcharters View Post
Ship Shape TV is nothing more than advertising, I timed a show and out of a 30 minute show there was 23 minutes of ads and 7 minutes of content worth listening to; that is if you haven't owned a boat longer than an hour.
Agreed... However, there ARE a few bright spot from time-to-time. I record the show every week and rarely is there any real information for trawler owners could use and ZERO for sailors. Like Knot Head said, it's just a 30-minute product placement show where the highest bidder gets a feature done about them where they get carte blanche access to say whatever they want about their products.

Every other week is a plug for Sunbrella or Evenrude or Raymarine or West Systems. It gets old. Yet, I still watch it with the hope he would really start to do something new.

Moreover, John Greviskis could be the worst TV show host ever. He's probably a great guy and I know he must really loves boating, but it always seems like he talks to his audience like we are a bunch of 5 year-old's that have zero boating knowledge and have never heard of the internet. He lobs these softball questions to his "guests" that really don't lead anywhere. Spending more time, again, pretending we are completely clueless, building a hypothetical scenario that ALWAYS ends with (and this is an inside joke Bess and I have) the question: "Is there some resource you have where we can goooooo, where we might be able to learn more about your products? A place where our many questions could be answered? Something like a portal to a web of information that is globally available to us. Is there some place like that you can share with all of us?"

Anyway... Sorry to rant off like this. Like I said, there are a few things I have picked up, but often times, it's kinda hard to stomach.

Tom-