Good company on the Trent Severn Waterway

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaBomba

Guru
Vessel Name
Looking Glass
Vessel Make
Carver 370 Voyager
Well the captain and I got a week of very hot weather last week for vacation (34 C +) so went for a cruise up the Trent/Severn waterway from Lake Simcoe to Severn Falls. Lots of nice boats along the way, nice scenery and cool water. Even got dwarfed by a 58 Hatteras that tied up in front of us. Hate that lol. Here are some pics along the way.

Attachments

• IMG_1741 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1741 (Large).jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1704 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1704 (Large).jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1706 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1706 (Large).jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1714 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1714 (Large).jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_1715 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1715 (Large).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1716 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1716 (Large).jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1721 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1721 (Large).jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1722 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1722 (Large).jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1725 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1725 (Large).jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1733 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1733 (Large).jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 117
Nice pics of an undoubtedly great trip. I've grown accustomed to being the smallest boat at the dock, raft up, parade... :)

How is traffic flowing this year in the Trent?
I am in the Rideau now and it is terribly slow due to reduced hours and reduced lockstaff. I am at Burritts Rapids now and there was only one person on duty this morning when we got locked thru.

How is traffic flowing this year in the Trent?
I am in the Rideau now and it is terribly slow due to reduced hours and reduced lockstaff. I am at Burritts Rapids now and there was only one person on duty this morning when we got locked thru.

The locks that we passed, all north of Simcoe, were well staffed with either 2 or 3 on duty at a time. They did indicate that traffic is down for them as well except weekends when it is normally busy. If your in no hurry it's fine but if you are just trying to get from A to B it could be a problem.

I am at the Fraser Park Marina and will be starting up the waterway tomorrow. Thanks for the pics.

Traffic should start picking up now that the Erie Canal is open. Many of us who went up through Lake Champlain and down the Rideau are just arriving also.

Arch

I am at the Fraser Park Marina and will be starting up the waterway tomorrow. Thanks for the pics.

Traffic should start picking up now that the Erie Canal is open. Many of us who went up through Lake Champlain and down the Rideau are just arriving also.

Arch

That's great Arch, enjoy the trip. We are in the Beaverton Yacht Club which is just a few minutes south from where the Trent enters Lake Simcoe. Let us know when your coming thru. We will likely be going south on the Trent starting August 10th.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom