Rebuilding a Dock for Alaskan Sea-Duction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, since no one has had the guts to ask, I will! Why did you start the planking at the end of the dock instead of shore side ? (Like laying railroad track.):blush:

Well I wanted to get the 80' dock done first, then tie the two docks together and have a place to park the boat. Basically I I don't have a clue why I started there....:angel:

Well I wanted to get the 80' dock done first, then tie the two docks together and have a place to park the boat. Basically I I don't have a clue why I started there....:angel:

Keep up the good work! Your blog rocks:)

OK, if I was painting a dock, I'd start at that end. But building a dock,...:confused:

mea culpa: I have never painted or built a dock. ;)

Finished the big dock today! See my blog for many pics. Here are some before and after shots:

Attachments

• rsz_dscn3363.jpg
    rsz_dscn3363.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 139
  • rsz_dscn3374.jpg
    rsz_dscn3374.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 81
  • rsz_dscn4030.jpg
    rsz_dscn4030.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 84
  • rsz_dscn4032.jpg
    rsz_dscn4032.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 149
Dock is finished!

Drove the last screw on Thursday. Just in time too as it is starting to get crowded with a new boat coming.:)

Before and after pics and you can go to the blog to see more.

Attachments

• rsz_dscn3363.jpg
    rsz_dscn3363.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 134
  • rsz_dscn4529.jpg
    rsz_dscn4529.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 101
That's the way! Plan your work, and work your plan. It's great when a plan comes together. Now, where have I heard that before?

Good job.:thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom