6000miles to Rio in 2 months

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Larry,
I already turn back home.
I forgot that my dingy was on the top for 4 months, rained a lot and got water between the floor and the bottom and my davit broke.
I have a guy that takes care of my boat and if you need something, I can ask him.

So where are you?

We're all set but thanks. Hobo's in FL for the season.

So where are you?

We're all set but thanks. Hobo's in FL for the season.

I intend to go to Miami to buy some stuffs, where are you?

Sergio "Alemao" Sztancsa, Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

Attachments

• IMG_3000.jpg
    IMG_3000.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3004.jpg
    IMG_3004.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 107
Hi Sergio, long time past. How are you doing?

Still planning to bring her to Rio this year?

Regards, Cees

Hi Cees,

I just arrive from Luperon and fixed a lot of things, next week the people there will paint the bottom and she's ready to go. I intend to navigate in the middle of November. I intend to arrive at Trinidad in the end of December. Do you like to come with us to make the north if South America and Brazil?

That time when I arrived in Luperon to see the boat, the "15", guy hired to look after the boat, was drunk. I found the dirty boat, engines and generator with air, dirty bathroom, I was disappointed.
fired "15" and hired Andy, a former boxer who now takes good care of the boat.
In November I'll go to Trinidad

Finally we exited from Luperon to Samana destination. After being robbed of nearly $ 2,000, an electrician from Luperon made a conection that my alternators not charged my batteries Service and our trip was hard, arriving at Samana with just one motor and one small GPS.

Finally we exited from Luperon to Samana destination. After being robbed of nearly $ 2,000, an electrician from Luperon made a conection that my alternators not charged my batteries Service and our trip was hard, arriving at Samana with just one motor and one small GPS.

Alemao: What a shame. What happened on the robbery? We're going back to the DR next year so any info is appreciated.

Where in FL?

Oliver: Jacksonville. :)

Last edited:
Alemao: What a shame. What happened on the robbery? We're going back to the DR next year. Oliver: Jacksonville. :)
Oh ok, your a long ways from here. :)

Larry,
I hired "15" to take care of my boat, was indicated by Marina Puerto Blanco. e rented my boat as a hotel and who stayed there stole my TV in my room, the stereo in the Fly's, wine glasses, ... and Bluechart from my Garmin GPS.
Moreover, the dirty water Luperon smeared all over my system, when I cleaned the filters had to stone and sand inside.
The dirty diesel, made ​​my starboard engine stop on the way to Samana and the bond an electrician did there, made ​​meuis alternators did not carry the drummer of service and therefore the equipment was stopping until left only a small GPS and 1 motor .
When I arrived in SAMANA, the police treated me as if coming from another country and took me all over again.
The best place we stayed was Samana where I found a mechanic named Aristiles and a boy named Chicha, which helped me a lot.
I took a good condition of tide and wind and crossed the Mona straight to Ponce, Puerto Rico

Sorry to hear all this. On our trip through the DR we fortunately did not have any problems.

Marty

Alemao: That's to bad. We had no problems in Luperon but I have to say we had more fun in Samana.

You at the yacht club in Ponce? What's next?

I intend to go to Ponce in Jan 18 and go down the Antilles Islands. Go to Culebra, Virgin Island, St Marteen, ... Do you like to come with us?

Arriving in Samana

Attachments

• image-3052055483.jpg
    image-3052055483.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 153
  • image-1769574561.jpg
    image-1769574561.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 134
  • image-3315918978.jpg
    image-3315918978.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 157
  • image-2743476503.jpg
    image-2743476503.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 165
  • image-29646307.jpg
    image-29646307.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 152
  • image-3904882301.jpg
    image-3904882301.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 157
I'm cruising with 7 knots at 1,200/1,300rpm. Everyday, in the end of the day, I have to full power the engines to clean the motors for 30 or 60 seconds, a lot of smoke than they clean and we are ready to the next day.

The Luperon water is very dirty and I just saw these in Puerto Rico, cables ans a sandal in my shafts

Attachments

• PC051655.jpg
    PC051655.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 153
  • PC051665.jpg
    PC051665.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 149
  • PC051666.jpg
    PC051666.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 148
Nice pictures.

Nice report Alemao. Those water pictures speak for themselves. Good quality sandal too.

I chose the best weather to cruise the Mona and made directly Samana to Ponce, about 210 miles.

Next week, 18, we'll continue out trip. Exciting :)

The Luperon water is very dirty and I just saw these in Puerto Rico, cables ans a sandal in my shafts

What kind of underwater camera are you using? Curious...

Thanks

Now I wish I was following this thread for a while-- I just read the posts from the start. With exceptions to the thefts and government bothers you have faced, what an amazing trip! My compliments on your determination. I hope you will keep posting of your adventures and photographs. Thank you for sharing.

Hi Ben, Come with us, we'll still have many legs to do.
I have a Canon T5i, but underwater I used a Olympus Stillus, TOUGH 12 mb,

In this part of the trip, I'll take a lot of pictures that I'll post soon

Now at St Thomas in Hooters seeing the Super Bowl :)

Attachments

• image-912606292.jpg
    image-912606292.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 122
I have to leave the boat for 40/50 days.
We're in St Thomas but we can go to Tortola.
Some idea where can we find a marina good but cheap?

Back
Top Bottom