Simrad Br24-Nmea 2000

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russf

My Google searches did not turn up an answer to this question. Is the Simrad broadband radar compatible with NMEA 2000 so that it could be used with say a Furuno Navnet Chartplotter.

Thanks

Hi Eussg,

Whilst I was at METS 2009 last week, I went to the Navico / Simrad stand and met Odin Sletten, Product Expert Manager. He will know. His email address is odin.sletten@navico.com

If this fails, I have his contact numbers as well.

Thanks Piers. I just e-mailed him. I will let the forum know when I have heard back.

I have a question, just for my own information. Why would you have not contacted Simrad first and just ask them? I have seen many folks that will come to a board like this first and ask when the info is readily available from the manufacturer and usually pretty definitive. This is just to satisfy my own curiosity. Chuck

Piers. I got a prompt response from Odin who informed me that the broadband radar will only operate with Navico products.

I looked at the online information and could not find an answer. Called Simrad but could not get past voicemail. Next time I have a question I will first inform Chuch by PM before posting to insure that I have gone through all his hoops before taking up the time of this forum.

Sorry you took this that way since that was not the spirit of my question. This was simply to satisfy my own curiosity and no attack or insult to you. I tried to express that in my question but I suppose you read more into it. Chuck

Impressed with Oden's fast repsonse. He was at METS 2009 and must have had a list a mile long of emails to follow through!

Interestingly, one of the salesmen on the Navico stand told me the Simrad glass bridge was being dropped. Pleased he told me this since glass bridge is something I was considering putting on Play d'eau.

On the other hand, Raymarine is launching a touch screen system which looks mightily impressive.

Shame about Simrad's glass bridge. I've always been a fan of their products....

Back
Top Bottom