3 Day Trip, Stuart to Daytona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks like we are here another day. Between the vacuflush pump, a clogged waste line and the float falling of the fuel gauge, things won't be repaired today.

Soon you'll be on your way :thumb:

Long day on this sewer crap...
Looks like vacuum pump needs a new power head. Clog is fixed.

And I pulled the damn control off of the shower when I almost fell over.

Back panel of shower stall has to be R&R'd inorder to correct.

you might just have begun to discover what problems there are...hope you didn't expect the surveyor to find them.

you might just have begun to discover what problems there are...hope you didn't expect the surveyor to find them.

Not really. My wife stuffed the head with TP. The motor ran all night and burned out.

I have a celiac attack and was trying to turn on the shower when we were waked. Pulled the handle off.

It is surprising how quickly things can go to sh**. It seems one thing goes wrong, and it just keeps getting worse. One problem can pretty easily be handled. It's when multiple problems pile on that it goes to hell in a hand basket.

I feel for you Dave. Been there myself as probably most boaters.

The boat looks great, and she will be right.

It is surprising how quickly things can go to sh**. It seems one thing goes wrong, and it just keeps getting worse. One problem can pretty easily be handled. It's when multiple problems pile on that it goes to hell in a hand basket.

I feel for you Dave. Been there myself as probably most boaters.

The boat looks great, and she will be right.

Thank you. We are not worried. Two days of running her through her paces, she has performed perfectly.

I still need to replace anchor chain and line, eisenglass on flybridge, wax hull more than a buff and do a general inside clean.

The 7.4's run perfect, even if they didn't, 415 HP's are readily available with a 20% economy increase with the rollers.

Interior is beautiful. Fridge and freezer is great.

And we are into this boat below current market. So if things dont work out I can trade into a trawler.

Which I'm going to do anyway.

BB: sorry for the pain, but Stuart, FL is a good place to have it if it's necessary.

David if you are still at Sunset Bay things can't be too bad. A great place to be, and Sailor's Return restaurant is really good. A good place to be stuck.

Last edited:
Ate there last night and the Pelican Cafe under the bridge is good. We also enjoy Osceola Cafe.

There are some stunning yachts in this marina. The wife was admiring a Defever 44 that shoved off this morning.

She is shopping downtown, determined to get me out of my Wal-Mart t-shirts...

Mechanic just called, he has to drive down to West Palm to get the vacuum motor... $$$$

I don't want to pop your bubble but "perfect" is only a very temporary condition. Pay attention to the workers so you can fix it the next time.

I don't want to pop your bubble but "perfect" is only a very temporary condition. Pay attention to the workers so you can fix it the next time.

Very true, if it can be obtained at all.

I can work on it but really don't want to. Years ago I worked as a marine mechanic and before that an auto mechanic on race cars.

Left the field and never looked back.

Very true, if it can be obtained at all.

I can work on it but really don't want to. Years ago I worked as a marine mechanic and before that an auto mechanic on race cars.

Left the field and never looked back.

Well, you are now officially a marine mechanic again.:D

Still not convinced.

Sounds like my wife trying to convince me to build houses again...

OK, let's build some houses or condos. I have a Florida Certified Building Contractor license just waiting to be taken off inactive status.

OK, let's build some houses or condos. I have a Florida Certified Building Contractor license just waiting to be taken off inactive status.

I only have the residential license, inactive also.

We rep a builder in Flagler Beach, and we can't find enough reasonable priced lots to build on. We are down to 3-4 lots in Palm Coast.

It's a rainy morning and with the head inop, it's a long wet walk to the marina facilities.

We have liked this area since we first came to look at boats and have started tossing around the idea of opening an office here.

Last edited:
Even Molly wears a PFD. It makes it very easy to move her around to the different levels.

ForumRunner_20130709_134445.jpg

Back
Top Bottom