Sydney Boat Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rebel

Vessel Name
Arcturus
Vessel Make
Polaris 35
Hi Guys.

I am coming over from Perth for the boat show and wondered if anybody was going, Maybe we could catch up for a drink. I am thinking I will bring the boat round to Blackwattle Bay to give her a run.

John

I'll be there, no sure which day. keep me posted

Certainly worth making an attempt to touch base with each other. Those of us who did for the Sanctuary Cove Boat Show had a good time, and I think I can safely say it does add something to have put live faces to names and chewed the fat, so to speak. Agree Aquabelle Paul..?

I won't be there but it would be a good chance to meet up again and also meet more of the down under people.
Hope it is a good show and you all have a fat time.

Cheers
Benn

Agreed Pete...the two big boat shows are ideal places to meet up & put faces to the on-line personalities !
REBEL: are you really planning to bring your boat from Perth to Sydney? That would be one serious passage....maybe post your passage plan/daily legs/anchorages.

Rebel`s boat still lives in Middle Harbour Sydney.
I`m committed to a group visit to the Show on August 3, but keep posting, 2 visits is possible.

I wish Aquabelle but alas Arcturus is attached to a mooring in Middle Harbour. It happens that I live in Perth for the moment. I usually go to the show a couple of days so either Friday or Saturday would work for me. The plan for me is to anchor in Blackwattle Bay close to the fish markets which means I can walk to the show and have a very relaxing evening on the boat amongst many liveaboards who use this area. Some of them have been there for quite some time and Maritime dont seem to worry too much about them.

Perhaps for those who will be there we might meet for lunch so pick a time and place either inside the show or out and we will get together.
My mobile is 0402919294.

John

I wish Aquabelle but alas Arcturus is attached to a mooring in Middle Harbour. It happens that I live in Perth for the moment. I usually go to the show a couple of days so either Friday or Saturday would work for me. The plan for me is to anchor in Blackwattle Bay close to the fish markets which means I can walk to the show and have a very relaxing evening on the boat amongst many liveaboards who use this area. Some of them have been there for quite some time and Maritime dont seem to worry too much about them.

Perhaps for those who will be there we might meet for lunch so pick a time and place either inside the show or out and we will get together.
My mobile is 0402919294.

John

Hi all, will be going to the Show for sure, & can be flexible with day/time if there is a Group get-together. Appreciate details by SMS to 0402129638, or theboatinglife@hotmail.com. Cheers!

Roger S. in Hong Kong.

Hi All, will be going to the Show for sure, and can be flexible with day/time.

If there is going to be a Group get-together, appreciate details by SMS to 0402129638, or theboatinglife@hotmail.com.
Cheers!

Roger S. in Hong Kong.

Getting ready to come to Sydney for a few days on the boat and for the boat show.

I plan on being there Friday and Saturday so may I suggest 1.00pm at the cafe inside the pavilion on each of those days. If you plan to be there would you let me know so I can watch out for you. Perhaps a meeting point might be the end of the counter nearest the seating?

Looking forward to seeing you there.

John Mob 0402919294

Works for me too...see you there 1pm on Friday! Cheers.

No-Mast-Eh, I seem to remember you on PMM forum, when several members got Clipper 40s about the same time. Do you remember Blannie, (Paul Blannigan, an airline pilot who got a new Clipper 40 about same time as you.) he also lived in Hong Kong. Any idea what happened to him...? I seem to remember he was going to sell her.

Sorry, prior commitments puts me out for Friday & Saturday, I'm off to the show today to have a squizz.

If anyone is there I will be easy to spot, I'm the bloke standing in front of the big boats looking at the price tag shaking his head.

I`m locked into a visit with some others, 5pm Saturday 5 August. I`ll know Rebel if our paths intersect. Enjoy the Boat Show.

Sorry we won't be able to catch up Andy but probably you would recognize all of us standing in front of boats shaking our heads at the price but perhaps with a lustful look in our eyes:)

Rebel & others. We'll be there Saturday. 0414456432

Hi Robert .
I will not be able to make Saturday but John from eagle 419 will so perhaps you might meet up.
Andy G Roger Paul and I met yesterday which was fun to put names to faces and we had a good hour together.
We agreed there seemed to be a larger number on a Friday than we had seen for a while. Hope you enjoy .

JJ

Yep, great to catch up.I think the Green Line 40'was my pick for the most interesting boat there.Lots of things to like about that boat.

I think I must have made the organisers and exhibitors day, I bought a hose.

Yep, great to catch up.I think the Green Line 40'was my pick for the most interesting boat there.Lots of things to like about that boat.

I think I must have made the organisers and exhibitors day, I bought a hose.
Yes, I loved the Greenline 40, when I went over one here at the Sanctuary Cove show, but I see in the latest Cub Marine mag, that the Integrity 380 is now available in hybrid format as well. Now that could be interesting.

Hmm, disappointed by the Integrity, fit and finish left a bit to be desired.The Greenline seemed to me to be a boat designed to operate a hybrid power system from the ground up, not just bolting an electric motor on an existing platform.

The electrical set up is all with these type of boats.

We attended Saturday. Less people around, compared to same day/time last year. Good for us moving about, not so good for exhibitors. Sign of the economy/political uncertainty?
The Integrity guys are very TF aware,incl. the thread a while back. I encouraged participation, along the lines of Rex from Sarca, with a caution on advertising. Interestingly,they regard their hulls, which are IG derived, as full displacement.That seemed odd.
I don`t see the finish on the 380 that disappointing, excluding comparison with the 2007 GB59 @ $1.95M. Maritimos, style and bling, the sprayed piano gloss timber fitout does nothing for me. A friend who will buy next year liked the Integrity 340, single cabin, separate shower and head, as a couple`s boat.
The hose guys were still pleased with your sale Andy. I`ll stay with coiling the nylex garden hose for now, but the self concertina hose looked good.

Last edited:
BruceK
"The Integrity guys are very TF aware,incl. the thread a while back. I encouraged participation, along the lines of Rex from Sarca, with a caution on advertising. "

Not sure I agree with that Bruce. Rex designs and manufacturers Sarca anchors, he is eminently positioned to discuss/promote and explain/defend his anchors, the Integrity guys are agents.

That is in no way degenerates what they are doing, and anything even remotely associated with IG's has my support.

the Integrity guys are agents.
That is in no way degenerates what they are doing, and anything even remotely associated with IG's has my support.
With you on the IG aspect. Found a 350 FB online,thought I was seeing an IG36, except freeboard aft looked lower.
I`m really unsure about the "agent or builder" question. I thought they were principals, building offshore, much like IG in latter years. I searched the brand, found other boats with the brand, but they were not trawlers at all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom