Log Books

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Surely there is a good digital logbook available for laptops or iPads? Neither I nor anyone else can read my writing.

Surely there is a good digital logbook available for laptops or iPads? Neither I nor anyone else can read my writing.

I do have a friend that uses an app on his I devices. Will repot back.

I just googled "boat maintenance apps" and came up with a bunch. "Boating Suite" looks like a good one! But google the above and see what you come up with.

The downfall with boating suite is that it keeps a tally of all of your boating expenses. I think I would have a heart attack if I saw that number.

Sunset-I use a digital one "Intelligent Logbook". Pretty comprehensive and you can be general or as detailed as you want to be. Works pretty well.

I'll check them out. I am going to get an iPad (at last an excuse!) for the nav apps so might as well use it for log and movies and music . . .

I just googled "boat maintenance apps"... "Boating Suite" looks like a good one!......The downfall with boating suite is that it keeps a tally of all of your boating expenses. I think I would have a heart attack if I saw that number.
Then you`d have to log the heart attack, provided of course....)

I have a good friend who is a retired US Navy captain, and had taught ship handling at the Academy. He keeps a beautiful log written in beautiful hand with an ink pen (not ball point). His wife doesn't like it. She says that he writes down when she goes to pee and how long it took! He says that when you leave the bridge it has to be recorded.:D:D
:rofl::rofl:

When I was in the Navy my watches weren't on the bridge but I had to physically report to the bridge every 30 min. They did record in the log each time the Capt. came or left the bridge. We never had an Admiral on either of my 2 ships (too small thankfully) but I don't think they would have recorded his/her head calls even if we did..... ;)

I think I would just do a audible report "Admiral has left the bridge" and leave it at that. :whistling:

I've never kept a log on any of the boats I've owned. I do keep a three ring binder, however, and when I have maintenance done (hired) I simply punch 3 holes in the invoice and put it in the binder. The invoices are arranged from most recent to the earliest so when I get rid of the boat the next owner can track the maintenance quite easily. Things like routine washes, bottom cleanings, etc are not recorded. I feel that this is a lot more accurate than anything I can write. (Besides, I'm lazy!) :blush:

Attachments

• IMG_3325.jpg
    IMG_3325.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 67
That Works, The point being that you do keep a record of what was done and when.

I've never kept a log on any of the boats I've owned. I do keep a three ring binder, however, and when I have maintenance done (hired) I simply punch 3 holes in the invoice and put it in the binder. The invoices are arranged from most recent to the earliest so when I get rid of the boat the next owner can track the maintenance quite easily. Things like routine washes, bottom cleanings, etc are not recorded. I feel that this is a lot more accurate than anything I can write. (Besides, I'm lazy!) :blush:

Is your boat in the marina I'm staying in?

There's a Sabre just up the dock.

Is your boat in the marina I'm staying in?

There's a Sabre just up the dock.
I think you have the wrong boat. Mine is not a Sabre. (Although I wish it was.):blush:

Last edited:
Maybe you're thinking of Moonstruck. In the dark of night with the fog of a good drunk on, he and SeaHorse II look a lot alike. :hide:

Maybe you're thinking of Moonstruck. In the dark of night with the fog of a good drunk on, he and SeaHorse II look a lot alike. :hide:
WOW! I'm impressed but I don't think Don is. :lol::blush:

Attachments

• IMG_3325.jpg
    IMG_3325.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom