susan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Susan

We have a Black and Decker Spacemaker coffeemaker on our Mainship and cannot get it out of the cabinetry. It was installed when the boat was constructed. Anyone else have this problem?

So how did you get them in there? :confused:

It like my granddaught ask. I don't understadn why Wanted poster? Why didn't they arrest them when they toook their picture? :D:thumb:

No, we did not build the boat. It was factory installed and very well built in. We've tried pulling it, but it doesn't budge. I called Black and Decker and they don't make that model of coffee maker anymore, and also are not interested in talking about it.

We have a Black and Decker Spacemaker coffeemaker on our Mainship and cannot get it out of the cabinetry. It was installed when the boat was constructed. Anyone else have this problem?

It may help those of us whom don't own Mainships to see a photograph if you have one. Post #6 in this thread http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s22/set-up-your-account-|-help-tips-etc-5739.html should help if you've never posted pictures here before.

Typically appliances are bolted or screwed through adjacent cabinets. Opening a few of them up and a bright flashlight and inspection mirror can sometimes help find the hardware. I have had to remove doors or drawers to help at times too.

Thank you. Microwave is installed on one side and an open dish cupboard on the other. I'll try to send pictures pretty soon. There are some galley pictures on Yachtworld for Mainship pilot 34 which seem to be pretty much all the same.

I've also emailed Mainship, but haven't heard anything from them yet.

Without seeing a photo, do your cabinets have trim moulding? If so, it may have to be removed to gain a bit more extraction room. We had an old TV in our boat that wasn't functional. I had to remove the outside case and break the CRT before I could remove the hulk through the cabin door!

Maybe there is information available through a Mainship owners forum?

Try and disassemble the unit while it's in the cabinet.

Otherwise, look and see if the cabinet fronts are screwed on. Then you may be able to R&R that way.

Rooting through my photos from last winter's boat search I found this photo that at least partially shows the installed coffeemaker on a 2005 Mainship 400. I hope it helps to give some sense of the installation.

Attachments

• DSC_3534.jpg
    DSC_3534.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 133
I wonder if the coffee maker is fastened from the backside of the bulkhead (or under it)? The trim in that photo looks flush from here so it may not help to remove it.

I would think the electrical panels would unscrew, and than pull forward to get there own service.

Then, hopefully, you may have access to the coffee maker.

I think those things were made so that they could be hung from the upper cabinets. Take all the parts out you can, and look for deep set screw holes in the top.

If nothing else works, take a nail set and drive the brads through the corner trim around the opening as it is shown (don't know if yours has it). Remove the trim, and see if it will slide out.

Don is on the right track. On similar installations in motor homes, you have to remove the trim to gain access. The trick is figuring out how the trim is attached. Good luck.

Gary

Look on EBAY for a picture of the coffeemaker and brackets. The brackets are srewed to the overhead cabinet bottom. If the boat builer used wood or sheet metak screws, you may not be able to see them from above. The coffeemaker slides into the brackets. to release them you need to push the release from the front. it will be three to four inches down from the top. The challenge is both need to be pressed simultaneously to release it. a cake knife should be able to be slid between the unit and the trim. feel carefully and you should be able to feel the release when it is pressed. do one with each hand and have someone else pull. It should not pull hard once released. a little luck is helpful.
On older units the release was a lever extending below the outside of the bracets. I don't remember if the moved backward or forward to release.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom