View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #25
plossl

City: Greenwood, SC
Congratulations

Sunset-
Quick action on your part. I did the same thing last year on learning of a 1975 Albin 25 in Minnesota with a new Yanmar 3GM30F. I raced up there from South Carolina with my ever-enduring wife and brought it home. I have been looking at small trawlers for years an this is the best. It is rare to find a displacement live aboard that's trailerable -- even rarer to find a model that is extremely well built and very well designed. You'll never regret the purchase. Of the many sites available for good information I'd put in a recommendation for my friend, John Stokes, and his blog. Google "Ms Bettencourt's Next Voyage".
As to your rough fiberglass in the rear cabin, if it is the hull walls, I am in the process of redoing both cabins with fiberglass sheet panels available at Home Depot. I cut to size after making a cardboard template and then attach a panel over the offending wall with velcro patches. They look great. I'll see if I can attach a picture. Anyway, congratulations. What is your hull number? Mine is 2052. Plossl.
Attached Thumbnails
Safari Panels 1.13 002.jpg  
plossl is offline   Reply With Quote