Future captain, mate and swabbie of a trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DLL

Vessel Name
CajunDutch
Hi all boat owners on the Trawler Forum! We are a married couple with a large dog, and future owners of a trawler motor yacht. Right now we're thinking (dreaming) about a Roughwater 42 from 1985. While researching this type of boat we came across this forum. The husband part of us is a licensed steersman, but we've never owned a boat before. We plan on traveling rivers, canals and the gulf of Mexico. We're looking forward to finding and getting lots of information and advice about trawlers yachts and boat life. Thanx to all who will respond to this thread :)

Welcome! Whereabouts in Louisiana? Thibodaux here, the boat is in Houma

Hi Steve, thanx for responding. New Iberia here, we used to live in Houma though. Gonna take a peek at your blog :) What kind of traveling do you do with your boat? What kind is it, and how do you like it?

Oh duh! You got a 2003 Monk 36. My bad... sorry. Call it a newbie mistake :banghead:

Hi Steve, thanx for responding. New Iberia here, we used to live in Houma though. Gonna take a peek at your blog :) What kind of traveling do you do with your boat? What kind is it, and how do you like it?
You know Dave Robicheaux?? Haha
Big James Lee Burke fan here, just finished Creole Belle a couple of weeks ago.

You know Dave Robicheaux?? Haha
Big James Lee Burke fan here, just finished Creole Belle a couple of weeks ago.

Ha! No don't know him in person, but know he's from here. Supposedly he still visits New Iberia and also a certain locally world famous breakfast place. I'm ashamed to admit, but I've never read any of his books and have been told they are great.

Anyway, noticed you're also new on the forum and not on the water yet. Good luck, and have fun learning before taking the plunge :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom