Battery bank @ 12.4 volts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very well said.

For our boat the 840 AH bank is just about right. Our generator at 9KW is just the right size and very quiet.

Right now I am sitting on the boat, in the salon, having a cup of coffee and the generator is running. I can hear it in the background, but it is very quiet. My Iphone app shows the sound level at 62db.

We have a high capacity alternator on one of the engines, and consider it, the generator, the house bank, and the 3KW inverter/charger all to be parts of a logicaly laid out power system.

An important concept.

Last year after Hurricane Sandy, we had no idea what we might come back to just 2 days after the storm in terms of marina facilities or even total grid utilities...water, sewage, power, etc....

Having multiple power systems that could last for days or weeks no matter what the climate threw at us was very important.

Boaters sometimes think of only lazy cruisin' days...yet sometimes the boat needs to be more capable than that. Granted I live aboard..but for many dirt dwellers here, if their boat was better set up for independence, they could have stayed aboard till their houses became liveable again.

Kevin, How big is your high amperage alternator?

I think it's 150 amp, but it was installed by the PO so I'm not sure exactly.

I have seen my battery monitor showing in the 120 amp range charge current plus house loads so 150 is a Good guess.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom