Mark's Dinghy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As you know, no refrigerator is required by me! :blush:
I was hurt, however, by PineappleGirl's suggestion that I throw too much S--t over board. I always thought she was a nice person!

I know you don't fill them, we have plenty of video proof of that! But I thought you might need a spare to throw overboard if you felt the need coming on. :rolleyes:

I know you don't fill them, we have plenty of video proof of that! But I thought you might need a spare to throw overboard if you felt the need coming on. :rolleyes:
:rofl::rofl:You have a point!:rofl::rofl:

Edit: Still laughing 5 minutes later!:rofl: (But not as much..)

Last edited:

Walt that's what I'm talking about! What if you came on board and threw, say, my ice maker overboard?!? Not only would we be drinking warm drinks but we'd probably knock a prop off on the new underwater obstruction!!! You can visit if you PROMISE not to throw ANYTHING overboard.

What if you came on board and threw, say, my ice maker overboard?!? You can visit if you PROMISE not to throw ANYTHING overboard.
I promise but does that include Matt? :mad: ....and, I would never be so rude as to deep six your ice maker. (Clearly the most important appliance on the boat.) :blush: BTW...I was at my boat yesterday and thought of yur (I'm from the hill country) windlass project. Here's what 3/8 chain looks like in a properly sized gypsy.:whistling:

photo: taken by my "Green Hornet" secret decoder ring

Attachments

• IMG_4690.jpg
    IMG_4690.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
The dinghy C Coot's first time in water on May 22, 2013 in the Petaluma, CA downtown turning basin, cuddled aside the Carquinez Coot:

232323232%7Ffp54432%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3955%3C489%3B%3A336nu0mrj

There is an interesting story about this Trinka's first taste of water. I'd prefer to hear the witnesses' versions first.

The Dink!

Attachments

• DSC_4736.jpg
    DSC_4736.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 87
Way to go Mark.

You've not only got the most desirable trawler on TF but the most desirable dingy as well.

How wide is your Coot? she looks very beamy in post # 95.

I have a like new 2011 Yamaha 4 long shaft unused since its first factory service last fall that would work perfect on the dink, only about 20 to 25 hours max.

It here in Monterey and I only have 10 days before we head back east to the TN river and I dont need it anymore. It was on my Bauer 10 dink that I sold with the CA 34 early this spring.

Will make you a good deal

Gwkiwi,

Too much power AND weight.

He would use 2hp and about 30 lbs.

But the only downside to your 4 is the weight and perhaps the vibration.

The Coot's beam is a tiny bit over thirteen feet.

A dinghy is enough hassle without an engine!

After dinghy C Coot's self/independent voyage and recovery, Ray (Giggitoni) rowed it back to the Coot. Ray was overheard to say "I want one!" He demonstrated vastly superior rowing skills compared to mine!

Last edited:
Maritime Attorney needed

We have proof now that C Coot floats!! She also seems to have a mind of her own and needs to be watched closely for a while until she's tamed.

She broke free and drifted (some might say "slammed") right into FlyWright. Don't worry though...damage to my boat was minor at most. I immediately sprung into action and gained control over the errant dinghy with my onboard salvage equipment (a.k.a. boat pole) before it could wreak more havoc on the fleet.

There was a tell-tale red mark on C Coot's rub strip which I thought was proof of its collision with FlyWright. Some witnesses thought it might be lipstick from loving kisses by its owners.

I'm trying to verify my legitimate claim of ownership of C Coot under Maritime Salvage law. Does anyone have a copy of maritime salvage law?

Here's a picture of our salvage crew returning said vessel to the dock.

img_158716_0_d3ca7c5ded16bf3d655bf11f543b18c0.jpg

I'll post more pics and narrative of our epic Petaluma Adventure on the Petaluma River Revisted thread soon.

Last edited:
After dinghy C Coot's self/independent voyage and recovery, Ray (Giggitoni) rowed it back to the Coot. Ray was overheard to say "I want one!" He demonstrated vastly superior rowing skills compared to mine!
What did you expect, Mark? With a name like "Giggitoni" he obviously comes from a long line of Roman galleon oarsmen.

Attachments

• Roman Galleon.jpg
    Roman Galleon.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 92
We have proof now that C Coot floats!! She also seems to have a mind of her own and needs to be watched closely for a while until she's tamed. ...

The Trinka must have imprinted on me since I uncrated her from her "shell" ...

After taking her out for the maiden cruise in the Petaluma turning basin on Wednesday, we tied her alongside the Carquinez Coot: Perla securing its bow line and I the stern line. We subsequently went to FlyWright for a bull session a hundred feet down the dock.

Somehow the Trinka C Coot wiggled the bow line free and slipped from the too-large loop of the bowline on its stern cleat. When we left FlyWright mid-day, we found the Trinka cuddling FlyWright.

What's amazing were the winds blowing down-river most of the day, away from FlyWright, but during the Trinka's escapade the wind had temporarily reversed. Otherwise, it would have left the basin rather than looking for its "parent."

Last edited:
Love those Trinka's . Mark the next time you want turn one loose ,point it towards the Tn. River . Other than price what lead you to the 8 ft and not the 10 ft ?

Flywright. Looks like Mark has to buy the beer ! Under salvage law, (pure salvage) you have the right to compensation but not title.

Love those Trinka's . Mark the next time you want turn one loose ,point it towards the Tn. River . Other than price what lead you to the 8 ft and not the 10 ft ?

Actually, because the 10-footer is significantly heavier and is too long to fit on the Coot's saloon roof.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom