Finland fuel price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiku

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Carpe Diem
Vessel Make
Storebro 34
I was asked to list our prices here..

1 liter of diesel at marina is roughly 1,6 €. So, in US terms it would be 1 L = 0.264 gal and the price for 0,264 gallons is 2,08 Dollars.

That was the average price I paid last summer. Yes, we are all millionaires here..

So, about twice the U.S. price.

$1.18 L at the pumps for my truck in Canada but add another 30 cents approximately to get it at the marina.

About 30 cents a litre here in Kurdistan; maybe I can bring a jerry can full home with me.

Actually I don't mind paying high prices for fuel. It took a hundred million years or more to produce the stuff, so a couple dollars a litre seems pretty cheap. We pay that for trendy bottled water without complaint.

When gasoline & diesel get up to 10 times the current prices, maybe we will stop doing stupid things like driving 2 tonnes of machinery down to the supermarket to pick up a loaf of bread. Maybe even it will stop us from importing ship-loads of frozen chicken wings from China, and other similar silly things.

Cost is a big driving factor in how we live our lives, and I see many benefits of more expensive fuel.
We may all be cruising at hull speed. (no more big wakes)

$1.70 for a litre in Sydney
Is that at Bailey`s in White Bay? Price competitive, and pleasant, about $1.55 per L in February. Some online hurdles to get a user card but they beat D`Albora on price and service. Good access too.

$1.25/litre in Campbell River.

When gasoline & diesel get up to 10 times the current prices, maybe we will stop doing stupid things like driving 2 tonnes of machinery down to the supermarket to pick up a loaf of bread. Maybe even it will stop us from importing ship-loads of frozen chicken wings from China, and other similar silly things.

:thumb:

After a cursory crunching of numbers, our 30' Sundowner Tug and Honda Element cost pretty much the same to run, per hour. Not bad :)

Is that at Bailey`s in White Bay? Price competitive, and pleasant, about $1.55 per L in February. Some online hurdles to get a user card but they beat D`Albora on price and service. Good access too.

D'Albora, there's a name to strike fear into an honest boaties heart. Up here in Pittwater the price is $1.51, inc discount, at the moment.

tiku
Finland fuel price
I was asked to list our prices here..

So that's about US $7.91 a US gallon in Finland, and AU$5.73 a US gallon in Oz.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom