Old 10-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
Nomad Willy
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
RE: A Willard for Eric

Marin,

Well I'm back from Ketchikan on a medical trip and of course I did all the usual shopping and restaurant eating.
I thought we were getting to know each other Marin. Apparently a lot of stuff has been whizzin over your head if you haven't figured out that I'm not a member of the bigger is better club. That Willard is way too big and I don't like much about the style of it either. I like a boat w long easy flowing lines that gently moves the sea aside and has a shape in the stern that allows the sea to gently flow aft into a modest following sea w a minimum of froth and turbulence. like most sailboats. I even thought about buying an old sailboat, gutting it, cutting 60% of the keel off, putting a raised PH trawler style house on and repowering w a slightly bigger engine w a reduction gear and a big prop. Almost all sailboats have too low a prismatic coefficent (too skinny at the ends) and too short a water line length.
No thanks Marin. That Willard would be much better suited to you than me. Willard did make many Navy personnel boats. I like them. Uniflite made them also. What I would call my style of boat would be a 34' version of the Krogen 42 w a lower wheelhouse and two Mitsubishi engines like I have in my Willard w one rudder.

Eric Henning
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote