Fuel between SF and Stockton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StuartT

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Following Seas
Vessel Make
2001 Bayliner 5788
We are inbound from Seattle and should, if all goes well, come under the Golden Gate this evening and anchor in Richardson Bay. Tomorrow we will work out way up and over to Stockton and are wondering where it would be best to take on 600 gallons of diesel. Any recommendations?

We are inbound from Seattle and should, if all goes well, come under the Golden Gate this evening and anchor in Richardson Bay. Tomorrow we will work out way up and over to Stockton and are wondering where it would be best to take on 600 gallons of diesel. Any recommendations?

Hi Stuart... Check out:

Loch Lomond Marina - San Rafael in SF Bay, minutes off main bay channel that soon enters ways into SF Delta http://www.lochlomondmarina.com/index.htm

I’ve heard fuel cost is on the high side. No price I could locate on website.

Village West Marina – Stockton in SF Delta, 70 +/- miles from San Rafael http://www.villagewestmarina.com/

Gas Dock Fuel
Prices as of 05/30/2013
$4.67 gas
$3.83 diesel
$3.00gln propane

VWM – Often has best prices in Delta... volume discounts :thumb:

Welcome - Happy Boating Daze!! - Art :speed boat:

Last edited:
Stuart,

Village West Marina (209-951-1551) often has the best prices, but it's a 15 minute detour up 14 mile slough to get it. Pittsburg Marina (925-439-4958) is easy in/out with plenty of maneuvering room for a 57 footer. The also have the ValvTec additives. Another alternative on your way is Antioch Marina (925-779-6957) with good prices, but it's got less room to maneuver than Pittsburg.

If you need fuel sooner than any of those, Benecia Marina (707-745-2628) is easy in/out but their prices are usually higher than the other 3.

I'd definitely call ahead though as Antioch is closed Tues/Wed...not sure on the others.

I just called Village West and they confirmed Art's price of $3.83. If you have a Discover the Delta card, they'll discount it another 10 cents per gallon. They're open 7 days a week.

I've seen fuel trucks but have no info on how to hook up with one. I'd also say Pittsburgh is the best bet, if you've got fuel to get that far. Schoonmakers in Sausalito has got to have a fuel dock to accommodate your boat-they frequently have mega yachts docked there! But by far the prices are better as you get to the delta. Village West seems a lot farther off the river than 15 minutes but I'll take Al's word for it. That's where we always go but depending on your "needs" that may not work for you! I hope you have a great day today and this forecast rain does not materialize (Monday and Tuesday I believe, per forecast). Today is a good 10-15 degrees cooler than yesterday. Very pleasant, cool even, here on the San Joaquin today.

Village West seems a lot farther off the river than 15 minutes but I'll take Al's word for it.

It's longer than that for me, too, but watching their tracks along the coast, I figured these guys only go 7-8 kts when docking!! :eek::facepalm::D

Thanks for all the feedback. We have 300 gallons remaining so we can be choosy. Probably another 100 used to get to Stockton which leaves 200. Like to top that with another 200 for a good cruising reserve and you guys have provided me with options, which I really appreciate.

Back
Top Bottom