Buyer Beware - Mermaid Ice Maker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marinetrader

I purchased a Mermaid Ice Maker in October of 2008 for our trawler.* The unit quit making ice in September of 2009 so I sent the unit back to the factory for repairs under warranty. They returned the unit but it was still not repaired.

Attempts to get a replacement have failed.* My warranty expires next week.

Mermaid obviously does not honor their own warranty!

MT

Mermaid obviously does not honor their own warranty!

And my administration will be transparent , BO.

Sorry to hear this MT. Thanks for the heads up. No one I know of complains of their Uline.....maybe that would be the way to go.

File a complaint with the Attorney General for your state, that should help get there attention.

MT:

I had a U-Line in my last boat and one in my present boat. No trouble with either one.

SeaHorse II wrote:

MT:

I had a U-Line in my last boat and one in my present boat. No trouble with either one.

Walt: Where did you find space for it? I keep thinking of one but I'd have to put it in the Lazarette.

Dave:

Just inside the rear door, port side, there was a liquor cabinet, complete with glass holders, etc. After gutting the cabinet, the U-Line fit great and it was over a fresh water line. (Engine Room) I bought a GE filter and plumbed it into the water line and connected to the ice maker with 1/4" nylon tubing. There was also a 110V receptacle on the rear bulkhead* which the U-Line shares with the TV. Works great and since my refrigerator is a sears (110V) I run with the inverter on.

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Tuesday 27th of October 2009 09:01:36 PM

Attachments

• dscn1124.jpg
    dscn1124.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 78
  • img_1520.jpg
    img_1520.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 89
Interesting use of the designed in liquor cabinet. When I got my boat, there was a big liquor cabinet under the helm seat. So big I would have had trouble finding enough liquor to fill it. The boat needed a big red Waterloo tool chest, so the liquor cabinet became a tool cabinet. From the outside, you would never know. Pull it out and you are in business! Anyone actually use the designed liquor cabinet for liquor?

Yeah, but the bottle sure is lonely.

koliver wrote:

Interesting use of the designed in liquor cabinet. When I got my boat, there was a big liquor cabinet under the helm seat. So big I would have had trouble finding enough liquor to fill it. The boat needed a big red Waterloo tool chest, so the liquor cabinet became a tool cabinet. From the outside, you would never know. Pull it out and you are in business! Anyone actually use the designed liquor cabinet for liquor?
Our boat has a liquor cabinet that is too small for the amount of liquor we have to put in it.

Back
Top Bottom