Old 06-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #108
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyGirl View Post
I can appreciate all of your responses.

I guess what it boils down to for me is that I have a particular style of boat that I will buy. That being said, I also have an open mind at this point to the possibility that I could change my mind right up the point of purchase.

I decided to look at some other boats that weren't necessarily the boat that I loved, but boats that I know could work, just to be sure.

I have been trying to set up appointments to see these other boats by calling the listing broker direct. I haven't had a lot of luck yet. However, when I do find the boat that I love, which I feel I may have yesterday, I will get a hold of the broker come hell or high water because I will be motivated.

Now, the boat that I do love, the listing broker said is sale pending, so I have to wait until survey to see if it is sold or not.

Also, my house is on the market, once it is sold I will be on a warpath. I would like to find the boat before the house is sold, so that I can transition from one to the other, but some things are out of our control and work out how they work out.

It wouldn't make much sense for me to fly around looking at boats now. I am better off waiting for the house to be sold, then I can make an offer on the spot when I find the boat. But, I will keep looking. And if the boat that I found yesterday doesn't sell, I'm sure that I will make an offer contingent upon satisfactory viewing and survey. If the house isn't sold yet, I might try and negotiate my way into them holding it for me, fat chance, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Dear Gal Girl - I am really glad that you have come out, regarding your true situation. You need a "friend" that knows boats and has time to personally assist you; you’ve so very much yet to learn. The free education you received here is invaluable and I hope some of it rubbed off on you. Far as I can tell nearly all posting TF members did their (our) best for instructing you. Now we can all clearly see why the ends did not meet in the middle during many of the ways you acted, post you wrote, and convincing you tried. Truth always sets you free... in one way or the other! I truly wish you the very best luck toward accomplishing all you "try" to do! Seems to me, “Case Closed” - Cheers, Art