View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #26
Nomad Willy
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Hi Brooksie,
I'm getting back to this. Delay was for a number of reasons.
Hose on bottom (lower right) is the return from engine.
Next up from bottom is ball valves and return to top of tank. Port on left .. stbd on right.
The exit on top of the X fitting going to the left is the return to the fuel transfer pump out of sight to the right.
Above the transfer pump return line is a separate manifold. From it's bottom "T" ... on the right is the Wabasto supply line and on the left is the fuel supply line from the electric fuel pump and it's filters.
Above that is an X fitting and lines w valves going to the fuel sump tubes on the top of the fuel tank.
The "T" fitting on top is an air bubble collector and hose going to the transfer pump. The cap on top is to purge/bleed air and fill to insure the upper manifold if 100% full of fuel.
The Wabasto supply line on the lower right of upper manifold is going to be terminated and blocked off. I'm going to go back to using the stbd. tank drain for the Wabasto. It works better there.
The top of the stbd. fuel tank can be seen through the hole in the upper left. I mention that to establish the height of the manifolds re the fuel tanks.
I almost always I draw and return from one tank as seen in the photo.

The boat yard did most of this when I was in Alaska and I've changed very little. The hose clamps w the phillips screw heads are designed better for an even seal all around the nose.

All praise, comments and criticism is welcome in that order.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	STH71441 copy 2.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	20651  

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is online now   Reply With Quote