Trawlerfest in Maine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GalaxyGirl

Someone told me that there is a Trawlerfest in Maine this summer. I thought that they said Portland, but I can't find it. Anyone have info on this?

Maybe they were confused with The Portland boat show. Boat shows are crappy.

Darn. I was hoping there WAS one.

I suppose we (TF members in the Northeast) could have our own.

Super yachts, to classics to performance racers, passagemaking power cruisers, Picnic Boats and lobster yachts are invited to enter.

Not sure I fit any of those categories...

Now if they said "tired old trawlers" maybe.

There is a Trawlerfest usually associated with the Newport, RI boat show in September. Not too far away now.

Well Capt,
I'd rather see your "tired old trawler" than any of the above :)

Thanks GG, I'll show you mine if you show me yours ;)

And Chris, I've been to Newport. Quite frankly the Penobscot Bay invite sounds more down-to-earth. Nothing against super yachts or performance racers, just not where I'm at right now.

the next Trawel Frest is in Baltimore, end of September.

Baltimore | PassageMaker

Between now an then, you might want to visit/walk/talk the local marinas just to get a feel/idea. We never really talk/used a broker except to physically see/go on a boat, but we did a lot of traveling to locations, walked the dock/marinas/yards and talked to anybody that would talk to us. I still like to walk/talk the docks/marina/yards/shows to meet poeple, and there is usually something is see/learn.

the next Trawel Frest is in Baltimore, end of September.

Baltimore | PassageMaker

Between now an then, you might want to visit/walk/talk the local marinas just to get a feel/idea. We never really talk/used a broker except to physically see/go on a boat, but we did a lot of traveling to locations, walked the dock/marinas/yards and talked to anybody that would talk to us. I still like to walk/talk the docks/marina/yards/shows to meet poeple, and there is usually something is see/learn.

Phil, believe it or not, have actually tried to walk the docks and chat with boat owners, but all of our marinas here are gated and keyed entry, so I couldn't get in. I tried 5 marinas, then gave up on dock walking.

Phil, believe it or not, have actually tried to walk the docks and chat with boat owners, but all of our marinas here are gated and keyed entry, so I couldn't get in. I tried 5 marinas, then gave up on dock walking.

Try walking into a yacht brokerage with no into.

I'm sure you'll find a hungry broker.

If not, go to the next one.

What you have to be patient until someone opens the gate. We also rent boats kyak and entered from the water. There are a lot of boats for sale not through a broker, but you have to have the gift of cab and look like you belong as most boaters do not know other boaters or just tell them you want to look at a boat. Most boaters are willing to help if you ask.

What you have to be patient until someone opens the gate. We also rent boats kyak and entered from the water. There are a lot of boats for sale not through a broker, but you have to have the gift of cab and look like you belong as most boaters do not know other boaters or just tell them you want to look at a boat. Most boaters are willing to help if you ask.

Ok, I'll try it. I'll just ask if they mind if I walk in and browse the boats. Guess I was thinking of it like gated communities, where no one gets in who isn't a guest of someone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom