Old 06-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #12
Pau Hana
Guru

City: Seattle, WA
Vessel Name: Pau Hana
Vessel Model: 1989 PT52 Overseas Yachtfisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktenhet View Post
Thank for all the great advice. I will check in to all the info. We were planning on going to the San Diego boat show this weekend but I just spoke with one of the shows organizers and there will only be 5-7 trawler there. So we wont be making the 5 1/2 hour drive to get there.

I see there is a Trawler Fest in Florida in the Winter, and this is our slower time at work. Has anyone been to this one? Is it worth getting on a plane etc. Or should we just wait till next May for WA. We can only make one of them. Time and Money is all relevant.
I'd be taking a drive to the Stockton area to check out what's available. Next, I recommend a flight to Seattle- there are plenty of brokers and dealers that handle trawlers here. Take a few days, go thru different boats, and get your knowledge. This is also the time when dealers/brokers start slowing down, as a majority of the boat sales from the January show have already closed.

Boats Afloat in Seattle is Wednesday, September 11 and continues through Sunday, September 15. Lots of trawlers there, too.

LAKE UNION BOATS AFLOAT SHOW | SEATTLE WASHINGTON

1989 52' PT Overseas yachtfisher
Pau Hana is offline   Reply With Quote