Odd Willard Cat at Dusk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Bucky
Vessel Make
Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
Caught this odd Willard Cat coming past Stuart inlet at Dusk.

Attachments

• dark-water willard cat.jpg
    dark-water willard cat.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Is there supposed to be a picture attached???

Heal-I think you may have too much time on your hands! It does look great though.

Must be photoshopped, who would dream of carrying a dinghy way up there??

Must be photoshopped, who would dream of carrying a dinghy way up there??

PhotoShopped! Geeze......a guy seizes a rare photo opportunity and the first thing everyone wants to yell is "PHOTOSHOP"! What happened to trust on this Forum?

The Catfisher has been one of my favorites for some time. I've been aboard one here in FL (a bit shabby), but I've considered that I might end up with one when we finish the loop. They pop up for sale now and then, but not so much here in the US.

Well I wouldn't kick the stability over the transom or the extra space either.

What a capital idea but where would I moor her.

I'd probably rather have more length and speed but I had a similar idea some time ago and that was to build a "Willy" w at least a 12' beam. Lots more space and stability and not much increase in power requirements.

I'd probably rather have more length and speed but I had a similar idea some time ago and that was to build a "Willy" w at least a 12' beam. Lots more space and stability and not much increase in power requirements.

That would be a bowl....not a boat.

I got the idea looking at a dinghy of mine. The dinghy was a wonderful boat and scaled up to 30' she'd have a 12' beam. The two tons of ballast could be thrown out and that alone would mean no increase in power would be necessary. Probably??

I got the idea looking at a dinghy of mine. The dinghy was a wonderful boat and scaled up to 30' she'd have a 12' beam. The two tons of ballast could be thrown out and that alone would mean no increase in power would be necessary. Probably??

Careful there Eric.....you might end up making a Willard Manatee, but I'm sure you'd be right about the power needs.

Larry and Eric, I caught the Willard Cat coming by Fort Pierce in daylight.;)

img_164040_0_31a711db59f23890425bc8f219996a27.jpg

:lol:Don.....that may have been another one that looks almost identical. There's lots of 'em in this area. The yellow dinghy is a fad around here.

I gotta tell ya, at least as far as Cats go, I feel it is the most palatable style I've seen, even handsome. Why the heck can't the builders do something like that. True, there is the CatFisher, but even though there are a few conversions out there, I think they all started out as blow-boats. If there was such a thing, it would be on my hot list.

I was aboard an Endeavour 30 with twin 15HP Yanmars over on the Gulf Coast, FL. It was basically a trawlercat with a mast. The guy wanted really big bucks for it, so it was out of the ballpark for me, but what a neat thing. It was all the boat you needed for bay and coastal exploring. Of course, it was no racer, but for trawler speeds up to 7.5 knots, super economical and you had the wind as a bonus.

Last edited:
Beachbum it's headed your way. Should be up there pretty soon. It's making good speed.:D

Back
Top Bottom