Follow me, Left marathon for Tennessee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok why the change

You went in to a returning from sea ship channel. Returning from sea is always red on right. The ICW honors that but makes the green a red to you by marking it with a gold triangle that signifies red for ICW.

Panama City is a good stop at the municipal marina, but it would be early in the day. Sandestin would be a late stop and probably an expensive marina. There is a free public dock at Fernandina Beach. That's across Chocktawhatchy Bay.

I may need a hospital. My right foot is swollen its been sore for a while I've been ignoring it til I get somewhere outta the hurricane area I don't wanna get racked for the extra ins money. I thought maybe it was just a spur and could wait. I don't know if I can wait til Monday to see podiatrist it's feeling a little tight when I try to bend my toes.

David, I think this is one reason the internet is such a great tool. I am sitting in Cartersville, GA keeping up with your progress. There is a good chance of your having to haul out for prop reconditioning in Panama City if you had passed that first green day mark to the right side of it. It is a full employment program for SeaTow.

I may need a hospital. My right foot is swollen its been sore for a while I've been ignoring it til I get somewhere outta the hurricane area I don't wanna get racked for the extra ins money. I thought maybe it was just a spur and could wait. I don't know if I can wait til Monday to see podiatrist it's feeling a little tight when I try to bend my toes.

Pull in at Panama City. The next place for that would be Pensacola.

David, I think this is one reason the internet is such a great tool. I am sitting in Cartersville, GA keeping up with your progress. There is a good chance of your having to haul out for prop reconditioning in Panama City if you had passed that first green day mark to the right side of it. It is a full employment program for SeaTow.

I'm good so far. I watch a couple diff chart programs I can tell when they switch. Usually by the debth

Try stretching your leg out straight. Position your leg to the back of you.

I have spurs and that helps me a lot.

These red and green make know sense.

Attachments

• image-222105985.jpg
    image-222105985.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 89
Try stretching your leg out straight. Position your leg to the back of you.

I have spurs and that helps me a lot.

Thanks. How do ya know if there spurs or gout. It's been sensitive for a while now it sends me to the roof if I step wrong. I really didn't notice the swelling so much til it got tight to bend the toes

These red and green make know sense.

Can't tell your exact relative location, but it looks like you are in a ship channel west of the inlet. The markers would be set to keep ships in 35' or more water. If you are where I think you are you will soon be turning into a cut that will lead to Chocktawahatchee Bay.

Looks like you can possibly make a late tie up at the dock at Fernandina Beach.

Can't tell your exact relative location, but it looks like you are in a ship channel west of the inlet. The markers would be set to keep ships in 35' or more water. If you are where I think you are you will soon be turning into a cut that will lead to Chocktawahatchee Bay.

Looks like you can possibly make a late tie up at the dock at Fernandina Beach.

Does this one help. I don't know beach bum has me looking like an idiot standing on the bridge with my leg behind me on the bench. I'm wondering if maybe I shoulda got a bag to catch snipe while I'm here.

Attachments

• image-118176098.jpg
    image-118176098.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 89
Where's a good fuel stop after Carabel Man 3.70 I won't see that again. And they had great turn over

Does this one help. I don't know beach bum has me looking like an idiot standing on the bridge with my leg behind me on the bench. I'm wondering if maybe I shoulda got a bag to catch snipe while I'm here.

You should be on the toes of that leg stretching the muscles on the back of your calf and foot

Looks like the last screen shot is going from North Bay to West Bay. Scratch what I said about Fernandina Beach. I was going from a faulty memory. The free dock is at Fort Walton Beach.

Looks like the last screen shot is going from North Bay to West Bay. Scratch what I said about Fernandina Beach. I was going from a faulty memory. The free dock is at Fort Walton Beach.

Yes I'm almost out of west bay I can see the bridge

The end of west bay

Attachments

• image-516153929.jpg
    image-516153929.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 74
Dave, you might try some baking soda and water, (1 to 2 tablespoons to 8 oz) if it's gout this could help some.
I have also heard apple cider vinegar and water treats it, til you can have a doctor look at it.

Hope this helps.

I just found your thread and I have had gout and spurs both. I found black cherry juice works great on gout. When you dock, find a better quality grocery store and buy the non sweetened black or any cherry juice if you can find it. It will work in hours it's that good.

Spurs are a different story. They are in the heel of your foot and it feels like someone is putting an ice pick in your heel. If that is your symptom, the best cure is a shot in the heel by a doc. That is a painful experience too. It dissolves the spur in a few days.

I had to get New Balance running shoes to keep them from returning. Jogging, walking don't work. Has to be the best running shoe and the pain goes away immediately and I haven't had them return since. That was in the 90's too. I still buy only New Balance running shoes but I can wear flip flops as well. I get the Sperry with arch support.

Good luck, but if your pain is the roof of your foot and toe, it's gout.

I agree with Capthead, black cherries will help it. I just didn't think he would have any on the boat.
ACV is useful to soak glasses and clean flat screens, so I thought that might be available.

I just found your thread and I have had gout and spurs both. I found black cherry juice works great on gout. When you dock, find a better quality grocery store and buy the non sweetened black or any cherry juice if you can find it. It will work in hours it's that good.

Spurs are a different story. They are in the heel of your foot and it feels like someone is putting an ice pick in your heel. If that is your symptom, the best cure is a shot in the heel by a doc. That is a painful experience too. It dissolves the spur in a few days.

I had to get New Balance running shoes to keep them from returning. Jogging, walking don't work. Has to be the best running shoe and the pain goes away immediately and I haven't had them return since. That was in the 90's too. I still buy only New Balance running shoes but I can wear flip flops as well. I get the Sperry with arch support.

Good luck, but if your pain is the roof of your foot and toe, it's gout.

I think it sounds like a spur. My heal had been hurting for a while. I was wearing socks and just regular tennies. I always wear the sperry loafers but when it really started hurting I wanted some padding between the heal and the ground. Now my foots swollen it feels really tight I can hardly bend my toes. It did help for a few to put my leg back and stretch the top ill try to find a foot Dr. Monday. I guess I gotta get the shot. I've had them before I know they hurt like heck

Look for the NB shoes too. It'll help 100%. A good foot dock knows the shoes. Mine gave me a list of em.

I'm coming into choctawhatche bay any recommendations. I see the anchor by the bridge but really don't wanna hear the traffic.

Go to a shoe store that specializes in support shoes. They can set you up with the correct shoes for your condition.

I wear Asics running shoes with an insert and the results has been positive.

I'm coming into choctawhatche bay any recommendations. I see the anchor by the bridge but really don't wanna hear the traffic.

I just looked on ActiveCaptain. Give Lengendary Marina a call they are just before the bridge. It looks like the channel to the marina runs right along beside the bridge. Ask for a slip away from the noise.

David, I don't see an anchorage by the bridge----just a marker for the bridge. I don't know the forecast, but that Bay is shallow and can get nasty quickly. I would get in the marina or continue to Fort Walton. If you can work your way into Joes Bayou there is an anchorage there. Very sheltered. I used to fish in there.

Back
Top Bottom