Hi All!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bligh

Guru
Vessel Name
Concerto
Vessel Make
1980 Cheoy Lee
Ahoy Mateys!
I have been a lurker here for the past few months. After a 20 year long hiatus from boating, I am returning to my roots. No boat yet, but am looking to purchase in the next 24 months.
Currently, I have a charter planned to Princess Louisa Inlet starting in July. I rented a Nordic tug 42 to take my family throughout the San Juans, Gulf islands and Jarvis Inlet.
I hope I am not too spoiled by the 42, because realistically, I can probably only afford a used 37 if this is the brand I want to buy. I am a former sailor, so the tug style trawlers really appeal to my sense of seaworthiness and classic lines.
This forum makes for some great reading and i just wanted to say hello and thank you!
Scott

Welcome aboard, Scott, and hope you enjoy the charter of the 42. And also hope that you then go on to enjoy the boat you pick out. Lots of us are very happy with our used trawlers! If the previous owner(s) did a lot of good work making the boat even better than it was when it was new, we get the advantage of that!

John

Welcome Scott,

We made the trip to PLI the first time a few years ago and have been back almost every year after. Welcome to the forum. We wrote a blog about our trip when we had a much smaller boat than a Nordic 42 like you are chartering. If you have not been there here is the link to our blog.

Princess Louisa Inlet 2010

It will show you where we stopped along the way through the Gulf Islands and into Jervis Inlet. Enjoy your boat and getting spoiled by the Nordic.

Welcome Scott,

We made the trip to PLI the first time a few years ago and have been back almost every year after. Welcome to the forum. We wrote a blog about our trip when we had a much smaller boat than a Nordic 42 like you are chartering. If you have not been there here is the link to our blog.

Princess Louisa Inlet 2010

It will show you where we stopped along the way through the Gulf Islands and into Jervis Inlet. Enjoy your boat and getting spoiled by the Nordic.

What a great blog. I have been up there before and still remember it well, but it was 30 years or so ago. I think we can do it, but I need to spend more time with the tide and current tables to be sure.

You will have a great trip. As you know, time the crossing of the strait early in the morning and when the weather is cooperative. The winds usually come up around 9:30-10:00 am. It is not anything to trifle with, but you can get up and run in the 42. Other than timing Dodd Narrows and Malibu, it is an easy run.

Nordic Tug 37s are nothing to sneeze at. Handsome boats.

232323232%7Ffp54379%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3939%3C59783336nu0mrj

Last edited:
Hi Mark,
The NT37 is a real looker for sure and it would fit our family perfectly. We probably would do fine with a NT32 as well.
Love the look of your tug! Do you have a photo gallery of it somewhere? I would like to see more of it.

Love the look of your tug! Do you have a photo gallery of it somewhere? I would like to see more of it.

Sorry, no gallery. This forum is littered over the last 2.5 years with posts/photos of my Coot, however. Also, Seahorse Marine's website contains some photos of previously-built Coots.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom