Dog river to Demopolis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Soundwiz

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Spanish Moon
Vessel Make
Roughwater 44' Pilot House
Leaving @ 7:00 am

Track at marinetraffic.com M/V Spanish Moon

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

image-1393098086.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

Attachments

• image-2244664887.jpg
    image-2244664887.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 89
Do you have a favorite place in dog river. Someone told me to fuel up across the way at eastern shore. Please note any tricky spots for me. I've had a family emergency so I have to go to California for a week. But I'll be back. I'm not sure if ill have crew tho she only had three weeks off. She's not sure if her boss will give her more if she goes back now. I'll try to get on and look at your trip. Be safe

I found your vessel but your half way up mobile river looks like day two. Let me know your favorite anchorages.

Did you get lost. Looks like you were doin donuts.

I was tying to find a spot the anchor would hold in.
There was a cut just past the bridge that I tried to get into, when the sounder hit 4.5 feet I backed out. I might have been able to get in there but if the river dropped overnight I wouldn't be able to get out. I tried anchoring outside the channel near the bridge but my anchor wouldn't hold in the soft mud. I finally gave up and went on up the river.

How are the rivers now. I'm looking to come up soon. I'm having problems with my insurance broker finding me a company that will cover me. I may have to call boat us. Im not sure how far up I wanna come. I want clean fresh water no.1. I would like to be near an airport. And may want to work part time. Any ideas.

Come on over to biloxi! Great bay and lots of work

Dave, checking the websites, the river above mobile seems to be fine. It is down from where It was when I came up, so you shouldn't have as much problem with debris.

Are you planning on leaving Dunedin, and crossing to Carabelle?

Sorry I haven't noticed this before. I left Carabel yesterday. I'm on my way. I just backed off to 1200 Rpms. No sense bein in a hurry. Thanks for the update. Everything still ok

Attachments

• image-3911057761.jpg
    image-3911057761.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 101

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom