Sydney Harbour Dolphin Pod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
Yesterday on busy Sydney Harbor, off Bradley s Head, well inside the Harbor, we found ourselves among a pod of dolphins. I`ve not seen them inside before. Several sailboats were checking them out, a 40ft speedboat blasted through but all was ok. I attached 2 quick i-phone pics, note the remarkable water clarity.
Every year some whales enter,sometimes to calve, and we frequently see little blue penguins which have a colony on the harbor, but the dolphin are a first for me.

Attachments

• IMG_2206.jpg
    IMG_2206.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2208.jpg
    IMG_2208.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 60
Nice, Bruce. Good to see the Sydney Harbour water continues to be so clean.

We pretty much have dolphins swimming at the bow on every outing. I guess they just like playing in the the turbulence produced by the hull. One of the advantages of traveling at trawler speed.

Nice, Bruce. Good to see the Sydney Harbour water continues to be so clean.

We pretty much have dolphins swimming at the bow on every outing. I guess they just like playing in the the turbulence...
I thought dolphins only liked sailboats(yachts) but I had them on the bow too. A mate says there were dolphins inside the harbor for a week, I was unaware, we`ve been away enjoying the snow of the English spring.
The water clarity was demonstrated when we flicked a prawn/shrimp heads overboard and large fish were clearly seen attacking. We saw a fisherman catch a large fish west of the Bridge (these we are advised not eat because of past industrial practices).
Fish are likely the reason for the dolphins and improved water quality the likely reason for the fish.
I liked the pics of your underwater sections(as do the dolphins), you were fortunate finding your.boat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom