Rare Willy 30 Sun Deck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Bucky
Vessel Make
Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
:whistling: Must be one of the few around.

Attachments

• willy clutered.jpg
    willy clutered.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 252
I suspected Eric was having some work done as he's been in the yard since driving down from Alaska. Looks as though he has really embraced the weather improvement Washington brought.

Thanks for the reveal Larry.

Don you must think I've no sense of humor at all.

One thing I love about it is the "W" logo thing on the front of the FB.

What's all that stuff on the foredeck? Looks like something my anchor drug up. Yup I'd have a hard time seeing where I was going but my floor space has gone WAY up ... and that ain't all bad.

Willard has 5 models of the 30' hull and none like this. Would love to put this on the WBO site. Please e-mail it and many thanks ... PM for addi.

Love it.

But you need to show this iteration of Willy up on her hydrofoils "at speed" as well, with her bulbous bow well clear of the water and anchors flying off in all directions. I'd definitely order a print of that. :D

Where will healhustler strike next? :hide:

image-713868783.jpg

Captured this image of a Willard in Suisun Bay near San Francisco. No Photoshop!

Don't often see trawlers with working sails. About a quarter mile from where the Willard was photographed by Al on Suisun Bay:

img_159999_0_be3d2ea386eb8cf879616647c6202bbb.jpg

Eric, is that a Rocna anchor on your "new" boat? :)

When will you splash from Latitude?

Keith,

Still haven't started work on her. Two mos or ... prolly fall.

Rocna? Yea ain't it purdy?

In a Starbucks in Anacortes ther'e is a painting on the wall that has a Willard 36 in it. Next weekend perhaps a few of us could meet there for coffee. I haven't seen it but there was talk about it on the Willard site. I'll be the first to promise to show up. Never hear the end of it if I didn't Hmmmmmn. There is probably more than one SB in Anacortes so I'll find out in a few days which SB has the picture.

:whistling: Must be one of the few around.

Larry, great job! I am going to have to say that is a jaunty looking boat. The lines really work, or is it the Rocna? I just don't know. I wonder.:confused::socool:

"really an improvement!"

What .. the cute anchor the clutter or what?

In a Starbucks in Anacortes ther'e is a painting on the wall that has a Willard 36 in it. Next weekend perhaps a few of us could meet there for coffee. I haven't seen it but there was talk about it on the Willard site. I'll be the first to promise to show up. Never hear the end of it if I didn't Hmmmmmn. There is probably more than one SB in Anacortes so I'll find out in a few days which SB has the picture.

Well I see I can quote myself. Haven't been over there yet. Sorry but I don't see any comments anyway. I'll try to find out this week. I couldn't remember where I posted this ... Took a-while to find.

Legacy built a 32 that is very similar to this photoshop rendering. The pic I am posting is of a wide body. They also made one that had side decks like the one in the picture. Great looking little boats....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 147
Legacy built a 32 that is very similar to this photoshop rendering. The pic I am posting is of a wide body. They also made one that had side decks like the one in the picture. Great looking little boats....

Those legacy trawlers are really cute! And seaworthy looking to boot!

As they say in East Carolina, that boat is "eat up" with the cutseys:socool:.

Not terribly pretty but salty, roomy and probably seaworthy.

We saw one in Comox BC last summer.

Would be nice to know more about them.

The Legacy 32 is one of those Boats that I do a search on when I'm parusing Yachtworld. I like the looks of it, but the boat ranges widely in layout, and actually offers a two stateroom configuration. There was a single stateroom Legacy on the market last year that had the galley in the stern area. It also featured helm access doors on both sides instead of one like the boat in the photo. They look like fun boats. Maintenance spaces are pretty tight, as you would expect. The one in the photo has been on the market for quite a while.

The one in the photo has been on the market for quite a while.

Yes it has. I was kinda fond of the other one with Perkins power. I have watched that boat sell to three different owners . Likely due to how handsome the boat is versus how practical it is....

The YW advert is claiming it the boat does 12 knots. I think that might lead to some disappointment. A lot of boat in 32 ft though.

The other down side to these boats is not much outside deck space and steep interior ladder access. This is only my opinion from having viewed on yachtworld. I have never been aboard one. Neither would be a deal breaker for me but, I know the Admiral would have a problem with it. They look like lots of room for a small boat.

The other down side to these boats is not much outside deck space and steep interior ladder access.

Yeah, that was my impression too. The boat appeals to me because it is really adorable, but when I think about single handling of lines, locking. and having rather small doors, steep steps, etc., one would have to be pretty agile. Getting from bow to stern on my own boat also requires a trip up/down the veranda ladder, but lots of space and clearance make it simple.

The YW advert is claiming it the boat does 12 knots. I think that might lead to some disappointment. A lot of boat in 32 ft though.

I agree. 50HP, 30 ft, 8 tons, 12 Kts? I doubt it.

Eight knots w all 50 hp ramed down the propeller shaft .. maybe.

50hp is overpowered. 36 is about right.

If you want the maximum cabin space in 30' this is the one for you.

If you want the maximum cabin space in 30' this is the one for you.

Couldn't agree more. The more we use our boat(watching the kids swim off it now) the more we realize 30' is plenty of boat for us.

Having said that we will probably stick with cockpit boats as long as the kids are living with us.

Attachments

• image-3106154894.jpg
    image-3106154894.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 145
Back
Top Bottom