Underway Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking forward to the trip!

PS. Trop Storm Andrea is coming up the coast Friday/Saturday. I'm sure you know this already! Be careful out there!

At this point it's pushing weather to the east with no real circulation.

Doesn't mean its friendly.

Right right. Not a strong storm, but a storm none-the-less. Should be past here by Mid-Saturday.

Why not head to Block Island and take a short break?

Bob

Better to run strong and then duck into the next inlet before it starts blowing.

If you want to buy the fuel...

let me know when you hit Cape May...especially if you need anything..

609-780-2728

Red sky morning, that's good right:whistling:
Check out what came into the anchorage last night. That would one of my all time dream ships!

Attachments

• 20130606_054433.jpg
    20130606_054433.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 90
  • 20130606_053653.jpg
    20130606_053653.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 105
  • 20130606_053700.jpg
    20130606_053700.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 102
Bess and I saw that in Adam's Creek two weeks ago ;-)

Watch out for Andrea!

The bay seems to be upset that I'm leaving.

ForumRunner_20130606_073938.jpg

I'll wave from the skies tonight as I fly from Boston to RDU. Safe travels. Hole up good from Andrea. How far today planned? Annapolis?

ForumRunner_20130606_095923.jpg

You can't really see it in pictures but it's on the beam 3-4'. I had some things move that never moved before. Just another typical Potomac crossing. As to plans other then fuel in Solomons don't really have any. It might end up being a really late arrival in Annapolis tonight. Looks like it's going to be nasty tomorrow. I'd like to make Chesapeake City tomorrow before all hell breaks loose.

Looks like you are making great time - almost to Solomon's and it is only lunch time!

The tide is our friend, for a while at least:flowers:

Attachments

• P1080245.jpg
    P1080245.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
I don't think you're gonna get much steady wind from Andrea, but man you better watch out for the spin off cells. Lots of tornadic activity on the east and south east side of the storm.....unstable. You might want to wait a day to cross the Delaware. Of course, I'm talking to the guy who spit in the face of a hurricane while anchored in NYC.;)

Can you let us know where in Solomon's you got fuel and price per gallon? I'm curious, as we may be spending some time down that way.

HH,
That's probably darn good advise. I'd rather spit at a hurricane then piss on the Delaware:rofl:

Attachments

• P1080247.jpg
    P1080247.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 89
  • P1080249.jpg
    P1080249.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 90
  • P1080250.jpg
    P1080250.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Can you let us know where in Solomon's you got fuel and price per gallon? I'm curious, as we may be spending some time down that way.

I get fuel at Bunkeys, they're always cheapest and they open at 5:30am. I get commercial rates but retail was $3.55 all in.

These are the Calvert Cliffs. They are used as a major

ForumRunner_20130606_151617.jpg

archeological site. They're about 60-80' tall.

Last edited:
Solomon's was the major training location for the D-Day invasion

It's also the location the British came in from the Bay to sack DC in the war of 1812

Not bad for fuel - we are at 3.89 as best price on the northern end of the Potomac. I think I've seen that buyboat before. There is another on the Potomac that belongs to one of the owners of Tim's Rivershore. A couple years ago, several came in for a weekend event. Calvert Cliffs is really cool - great place to find fosil sharks teeth. http://www.fossilguy.com/sites/calvert/calv_srk.htm

Wish we were out there with you. Thanks for taking us along.

Last edited:
Thanks, glad to have the company. The buy boat belongs to the Calvert Maritime Museum. I looked very seriously at buying one two years ago instead of the DeFever. Might yet one day.

Great info. The buy boat reunions are well worth going to. Cell is excellent with the exception of north of Mobjack Bay to Smith Point of course if your closer to the shore then no problem in most spots.

Check out the dingy behind the Westport

Attachments

• P1080254.jpg
    P1080254.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 131
That must be Tsalta. I see her on AIS next to you doing 16+ knots. BTW, I'm even more jealous of your summer destination. I grew up near Portsmouth NH and spent a lot of summers on the coast of ME. My brother went to Maine Maritime.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom