SeaHorse II is on the Hard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All I know is that the paperwork that came with the boat indicated that it had been sprayed with "Cook Epoxy Paint." Whatever it is, paint or gel coat, it's held up very well.

Absolutely no question about that, having seen it in person.

Walt: It's torture looking at the condition of your Gormet 32. I haven't a single square inch of my hull that out-shines your bottom paint. I hate ya.

Attachments

• image-826194509.jpg
    image-826194509.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 324
Stop guys...I'm getting chills just thinking about that dreadful journey. We're just lucky we survived!!

In the interest of fairness perhaps Walt needs a chance to redeem himself from this oversight. Al should revisit the crime scene and see if this most heinous breach of protocol has been properly addressed.

Stop guys...I'm getting chills just thinking about that dreadful journey. We're just lucky we survived!!

I can only imagine what an ordeal it must have been.

But at least San Diego Bligh allowed my woman to have sustenance, so he has some heart (or was he afraid that without antifreeze she'd freeze to death on that cold February SoCal day after he'd enticed us to the Left Coast with promises of sun and warmth?).

Attachments

• Beer.jpg
    Beer.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
In the interest of fairness perhaps Walt needs a chance to redeem himself from this oversight. Al should revisit the crime scene and see if this most heinous breach of protocol has been properly addressed.

To Walt's credit, I did revisit the scene of the crime and yes, he did redeem himself. I can't find the link now, but there was a bottle of JD and some IPAs in the fridge. Cpseudonym will probably find it. As a matter of fact, I sent Walt an email last night asking for pics of a well stocked fridge to post to salvage his rep. Here's a quote:

"PS. That table spread while taking a fishing break looked top shelf. Got any pics of your fridge? It might help salvage your sullied reputation which I’m now sorry I contributed to." :facepalm:

I haven't heard back. He's probably still looking for a pic. :ermm:

Beachbum, here's where it all started back in 2011.

Empty fridge?

Can he detail my boat??

Lol!
Another look at your link...

That's some cool ****

Last edited:
To Walt's credit, I did revisit the scene of the crime and yes, he did redeem himself. I can't find the link now, but there was a bottle of JD and some IPAs in the fridge. Cpseudonym will probably find it. As a matter of fact, I sent Walt an email last night asking for pics of a well stocked fridge to post to salvage his rep. Here's a quote:

"PS. That table spread while taking a fishing break looked top shelf. Got any pics of your fridge? It might help salvage your sullied reputation which I’m now sorry I contributed to." :facepalm:

I haven't heard back. He's probably still looking for a pic. :ermm:

Beachbum, here's where it all started back in 2011.

But of course, Walt would drink a gentleman's drink. Not that yellow foamy stuff that roughians and red necks drink.:thumb: After all he owns a Gourmet Cruiser.:D

How often does the gourmet cruiser, cruise???

Sir, Walt on Seahorse II is widely known as a great host and raconteur that serves only the best as he cruises the San Diego Bay area. :socool:

Sir, Walt on Seahorse II is widely known as a great host and raconteur that serves only the best as he cruises the San Diego Bay area. :socool:

I must apologize for my comments. Any vessel that pristine almost always stays in port.

Very, very nice, Al. I'm overwhelmed!:cry:
You should have been a photo journalist!

Having emptied the frig for the yard visit, it is once again bare. I'm so embarrassed that it had such an impact on people. It definitely won't happen again. (Visits by TF members, that is. :mad:)

I will, however, always remember your 2nd visit or was it the 3rd? I'm so gun shy that every time I hear a jet go over, I'm running to the store for boat snacks and drinks!

Attachments

• Al Kroeger on SeaHorse.jpg
    Al Kroeger on SeaHorse.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
But at least San Diego Bligh allowed my woman to have sustenance, so he has some heart (or was he afraid that without antifreeze she'd freeze to death on that cold February SoCal day after he'd enticed us to the Left Coast with promises of sun and warmth?).
David: That was a fun week!

I remember the trip to Newport beach where you brutally found fault with an Ocean Alexander that I was in love with. My wife and I couldn't sleep the whole night after listening to your take on that lovely boat.

Then there was coffee every morning or was that Jack Daniels...I don't remember. It must have been JD as that is where Al got the idea for his contribution.

In all seriousness, for the rest of the Forum, you guys should try some of these visits with each other. They can be a lot of fun!

Attachments

• Dave & Emily Sailing.jpg
    Dave & Emily Sailing.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3729.jpg
    IMG_3729.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3722.jpg
    IMG_3722.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3725.jpg
    IMG_3725.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 69
When I used to own a 7 series BMW friends would travel from around the world to visit.

Made some very good friends from those days.

I miss them.

In all seriousness, for the rest of the Forum, you guys should try some of these visits with each other. They can be a lot of fun!

:thumb::thumb:

I couldn't agree more Walt. We looked at a couple of yacht clubs then realized that we are so blessed to know such a great group of SF Bay/Delta cruisers right here at TF, why bother. It's as though not a month goes by without great socializing opportunities we feel we'd get little value from club membership.

You other members are really missing out on a great opportunity that is the small social group section of this forum IMO. Our local group has multiple threads with dozens of posts and every other month someone is coordinating a meet up.

What about in the Daytona area of Florida?

Seriously, I own and run a company, but I'm a web guy at the age of 56 and not really good with many people.

Last edited:
What about in the Daytona area of Florida?

Seriously, I own and run a company, but I'm a web guy at the age of 56 and not really good with many people.

We're up for that. Should be coming through on our way north. Maybe next spring.

"It definitely won't happen again. (Visits by TF members, that is. :mad:)"

Good times, Walter! Good times!! You are a true gentleman and a great host. I'm just sorry I spoiled it for the rest of the TFers who were waiting for a visit on the good ship SeaHorse II.

Cpseudonym, maybe we should just form a TF Trawler-Not-A-Yacht Club! No dues, no meetings, no officers! Just slow boating!

Al always seems show up with an IPA:

img_161034_0_d40490c9b9fdbb0f4ebd161dd2a47149.jpg

I even brought an extra one for you!

And vice versa! Besides, as previously reported, Perla's cousin's son drank the last one you gave to me!

Cpseudonym, maybe we should just form a TF Trawler-Not-A-Yacht Club! No dues, no meetings, no officers! Just slow boating!

Isn't that what we're already doing here in the SF estuary?

232323232%7Ffp543%3C8%3Enu%3D3363%3E33%3A%3E57%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D3957%3A273%3B8336nu0mrj

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom