Haul Out Frequency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The easy and probably only answer most of us will believe is to (and I may do it this summer when I haul and paint) do several test strips ourselves. Some round up...some pepper...and whatever else we like to try.

For me...I'm not risking screwing up paint that is formulated and tested by many independents.

If these wives tale ingredients work so well...I wonder why none of the "practical sailor" type testing isn't widely published on them.

In this day and age where anti fouling paints are increasingly being regulated or even banned, if all it took to dramatically improve anti fouling paint performance was the addition of a common kitchen spice or the most popular herbicide in the world, such a paint would be commercially available. Don't tell me the manufacturers don't want to make a product that's too effective because that's simply not the case. The manufacturer that could develop a product that never needed cleaning (performance that has been claimed here for some of these homespun remedies) would own the market. So why then are there no commercial examples?

Because they don't work.

Capthead or anyone out there, Do you have anything for thinning hair?

Attachments

• Art & Linda on TO - Maltese Falcon SF Bay Entry Spring 2009_100_1391.jpg
    Art & Linda on TO - Maltese Falcon SF Bay Entry Spring 2009_100_1391.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 82
  • Linda, Art, Coop & Kyl - Full Size_100_1355.jpg
    Linda, Art, Coop & Kyl - Full Size_100_1355.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 74
Art, Is that "Opening Day" behind your top photo, or is the traffic like that all the while? Looks like evacuation effort.

Al Johnson-Ketchikan (Bridge to Nowhere) Alaska

Back
Top Bottom