39 owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhiller

Any 39 owners who would like to share opinions about their boat; likes, problems etc....

Any 39 owners who would like to share opinions about their boat; likes, problems etc....

Yes, my 39' concrete sailboat is fresh and ready, once I get it off the hard;) where it has been for 41 years and used as a coop for Festus's fighting roosters.

WTH kinda boat do you mean? :confused:

Aren't we in the Kadey-Krogen forum ? Obviously I refer to the Krogen 39....

jhiller: There's been plenty of conversation over on the Krogen Cruiser's site about 39's, but I'm not sure if any 39 owners are over here. Maybe you ought to think about joining up. There's lots of wannabe's over there too.

My own Krogen Manatee is camped out up in Stuart, FL, the headquarters for many Krogen owners, and two 39's behind me at the marina just sold. I've been aboard both and took a short trip on one. All I can say is that, compared to my fat Manatee, the interior is relatively tight, but things like the engine room, pilothouse, maintenance access and sea-worthiness are awesome. Every boat is a compromise, but the 39 has very few. When you see the huge scuppers, mast & rigging, hardware, etc., you know this is a very serious boat.

Thanks Healhustler... I just joined Krogen cruisers.My wife and i own a new Tartan 4700 sailboat and a Bruckmann Bluestar 36 but we are looking for a small trawler to keep in Florida to use as a moveable home during the winter. Our boats are in the great Lakes The Krogen 39 looks like a good choice for that but we need to learn more. I appreciate your help

If you're looking for an "apartment" on the water, the Manatee would be a better choice. It would be a shame to waste the blue-water capabilities of a 39, unless you also want to cruise off-shore when you come down. 42's are also roomy and blue-water capable. Both are rolly without stabilizers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom