No Olympics for Chi town?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ancora

Guru
It looks like Obummer takes another hit with his embarrassing loss with the IOC. I guess the video of the Chicago teens beating to death one of their own got to Denmark before Obummer did. Boo Hoo
biggrin.gif

DAMN Who is going to pay for tearing down the rat infested slum owned by BO's advisers?

And pay to build something , of not taxpayer cash?

FF

It is plain to see the great majority of the IOC are just a bunch of racists, why else would any one disagree with B.O. and pick Rio over Chicago?!
*Just wait till Jimmy Carter gets after them!
Steve W.

-- Edited by Steve on Sunday 4th of October 2009 09:24:33 AM

Obummer brought to fat mommas with him to Copenhagen. I bet Rio brought a couple of hot samba dancers with them. No wonder Rio got the Olympics.
biggrin.gif

Mr. Obama assumed the force of his personality would be enough for Chicago to win and that bein in the presence of "the One" would sway the IOC

Right you are Old Grouch. Mr. Obama thinks that our country had nothing good to say for it until he was elected. He seems to think that his personality transcends all. Copenhagen was a big smack down. He should never have put the office of president in such a position. It was probably a lesson he needed, but it sure didn't do the USA any good.

As far as racism, it is a dead issue. Barack H Obama mmm-mmm-mmm was elected because many white people voted for him. There was very little black vote for the other candidates. It seems the racism is mostly one way.

I said when he was elected that he could do much to totally elliminate racism, or he could set it back 40 years. So far it has been the latter. How sad!

Moonstruck

All this while we are losing our butts in Afghanistan thanks to Obummer's refusal to allow our military to call in airstrikes when taking fire. Liberals cannot comprehend collateral damage as the cost of war. Now we are going to give up the countryside to the Taliban and hole up in "armed enclaves?" Can anyone say Viet Nam?
no.gif

ancora wrote:

All this while we are losing our butts in Afghanistan thanks to Obummer's refusal to allow our military to call in airstrikes when taking fire. Liberals cannot comprehend collateral damage as the cost of war. Now we are going to give up the countryside to the Taliban and hole up in "armed enclaves?" Can anyone say Viet Nam?
no.gif
Could not agree with you more that this is looking like a repeat of our previous disasters.* However, it is my understanding that the restrictions on arty and CAS is not coming from the Administration, but from Gen. McChrystal himself.* He wants no civilian casualties in order to further the COIN theory of winning hearts & minds.

I also have been made to understand that many local (Afghan) leaders do not share this view.* They understand that "stuff happens".

Wasn't he going to sit down with our NATO allies and charm them into putting more ground troops in there? I guess that worked out like his charming the IOC, some of them have actually pulled people OUT.
Steve W

Chicago not getting the Olympics*had little to do with Obama. The die was cast during the past few months as poll after poll in Chicago showed the citizenry was opposed to it. A key point for the IOC is local support, which Chicago could not muster. Not to mention their past governor debacle. Hold BO accountale, yes. But not for losing Olympics.

And don't forget 30 years ago when Denver lost the winter Olympics for lack of local support.

Both Obummers gave speeches in a vain (pun intended) attempt to get the Olympics. In 41 sentences, Michelle used "I" or "me" 44 times. The other doofus, used the same pronouns 26 times in 48 sentences. He has some catching up to do in narcissism.
biggrin.gif

From news stories I have read Obama's going to campaign for the Olympics was not his idea. He went at the request of unions, local business people, and local politicians who believed that Chicago landing the Olympics would create a lot of jobs in that part of the country. Given that this is Chicago the opportunities for kickbacks, payoffs, and billing scams was probably every bit as much a motivator as the jobs notion, if not more so. Obama apparently feels he owes the unions, local politicians, etc. something for the support they gave him so he went off to the IOC to make the case for Chicago. I wouldn't be surprised if he himself didn't think the city had a chance of getting it.

The IOC was not to keen on Americans trying to start an Olympic only television gig that was in direct competition with the IOC's* current television gig. I believe the format was going to be similar to the Big ten network. Chicago had an uphill battle from the begining.

Conall

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom