Personal pump out stations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swampu

Guru
Commercial Member
Vessel Name
Cajun Rose
Vessel Make
Biloxi Lugger
First, I apologize I have not searched this at all. I need to make some quick decisions on the holding tank potential of my boat. New tank or tanks. Does anyone have there own pump out at the house? I don't plan on dumping in the sound and legally I would have to go several miles out past the barrier islands to pump out. I have a septic tank on my lot and I could put a pump station by the bulk head. I just need to get the "stuff" about 30' to the pump station. I will start search but I would love some suggestions. Thanks

Contact Edson Marine. They make everything you need. They can set you up with a portable system or a fixed on dock system. They are nice people and make quality products.
Here is a link: Pump-n-Rinse Pump Out Equipment

RVers used a regular macerator pump that can be plumbed in a boat as well and they pump it through a garden hose hundreds of feet to their house sewage lines (usually into a cleanout somewhere near the house)

No need for an expensive vacuum system when a $100 worth of pump and hose will do.

The key to house pumpout is to NOT < NOT < NOT use chemicals in the boats holding tank.

The stuff that poisons the stench will also kill the septic tank workers and flood the field with solids.

A bit of sugar , ir a spoon of septic tank warriors is fine , but NO chemicals.

Obendorf makes a great 120V waste pump to set up the system , usually dumping into the home clean out .

Last edited:
How would that compare with an onboard treatment system cost and hassle wise?

The Eagle has a 4 person Microphor sanitation system which is sort of like a septic tank as you just use it. No chemicals or electricity required by the time the stuff works it way down and passes though a final chlorine chamber. So I lied as it does require a chlorine tablet. :ermm:

However, if there was no pump out boat and I had to pump it out. I would build a portable 20+ gallon pump out that could be loaded on a dink and/or cart. However, I would much rather oay someone. Yuck!:D

How would that compare with an onboard treatment system cost and hassle wise?

Onboard treatment is not a legal choice in many areas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom