View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 07:04 PM   #18
Marin
Scraping Paint

City: -
RE: Wanted to introduce myself and my new boat

Quote:
SeaHorse II wrote:

NomadWilly isn't advocating changing everything in a used boat to new! He's simply suggesting that there are things that are suspect that should be looked at when one buys a used boat and the maintenance* history is not known.
i've got no quarrel at all with that statement but that's not what he said.* He simply condemned the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy, which I feel is a very unrealistic position.

As to the guru status, I didn't assign it, I don't claim it, and I don't pretend to be it.* I know what I know, and I don't know what I don't know.* There are people on the Grand Banks owners forums like Bob Lowe and Mike Negley who have forgotten more about boats and boating than I'll ever know.*

What I have learned in forty-plus years of flying airplanes and thirty-some years of running boats of various kinds that logic and common sense will get a person through just about anything they encounter.* There is a lot of armchair posturing and pontificating in aviation, boating, and every other occupation one can think of.* I'm a lot more interested in reality than in a bunch of theoretical but totally impractical advice.* But that's just me.* Some people are more interested in theories than reality.

Marin is offline   Reply With Quote