Tennesse river info coming from mobile

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Carter's Cove II
Vessel Make
Bayliner 4788
How are the rivers as far as currents and debrie. I plan to leave Sunday from marathon to the Tennessee river. I'm thinking I should gauge my speed by the river condition i don't want to hurry into messed up water. And how about temps, is it warm enough to swim yet.

Dave, leaving Gulf Shores on Tuesday headed up TN Tom to TN and Florence, AL. Having major rain event in north and central AL and MS today, resulting in major runoff in Black Warrior and Sipsey Basins. Probably cause flooding in Tombigbee River.
Check the USCE Mobile Dt web site for water stages. Start at Coffeeville Dam.

If you would ore info and updates, send me your email.

Here we come. Any updates I got a thread going called follow me.

Guess its at 19ft if I'm readin right which I'm not sure

Yeah you got it right its between 19' and 20' you might think about putting in at dog river marina at the north end of mobile bay to wait for conditions to improve. And fuel up before heading up the river. Lulu's home port Marina is a good stop too, before heading into the bay. If you decide to go to Lulu's be careful of the eddies and wind as you make the turn into the marina. Most transients use "B" dock in the center.

What ya think maybe a week. I've gotta work on my insurance. My company doesn't cover me past cedar key. So I gotta get new stuff before I cross

It's pretty much a coin toss, depending on what the weather does I northern Mississippi & Alabama, there is a storm cell moving across right now. If it stays clear for the rest of the week it should come down enough to head up. I've been waiting on a window myself. So I may see you at Dog River if it doesn't drop soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Trawler

Good to see my peeps talking :) Dave meet Dave. Soundwiz got your VM I'll get on it.

It's pretty much a coin toss, depending on what the weather does I northern Mississippi & Alabama, there is a storm cell moving across right now. If it stays clear for the rest of the week it should come down enough to head up. I've been waiting on a window myself. So I may see you at Dog River if it doesn't drop soon.

Ill look up dog river I'm not sure where it is. I decided to get a slip in Dunedin near Clearwater. It's 90 cents a ft. It seems like a nice place to be stuck. My weather window is going to be closed for a while now. I don't want to rush into a log infested river. I'm sure we will meet soon I plan on being out here for many years to come. I'm still not certain where I'm going. I'm shooting for Chattanooga but if I find a really nice place that could use a part time dockmaster I could be temped to stay for a bit. I get by but if I want toys I gotta earn them.

I made the trip from Pensacola to Mobile yesterday. Left at 11:00am arrived Dog river just after sunset. I bumped into one submerged log and dodged another one in the bay. So keep a sharp lookout for debris in the bay. I'm on a side tie at Dog river Marina.
We are going to do the car shuffle today, and plan on heading up the river for Demopolis tomorrow. The river is dropping fast down to 16ft at coffeeville and should be at 14 by tomorrow.

image-4081173256.jpg

Thanks for the info. I think I'm stuck for awhile waiting on calm seas in the gulf. But it nice to know that when I get them the rivers will be ready to navigate. How do you do the car shuffle I got mine at a friends in west palm. I thought a bought going for it and getting it this far but I don't know anyone here

I had a friend come down in a rental car and we went to Pensacola to get my car, drove both of them to Demopolis, dropped my car there and now were headed back to Mobile. To take the boat to Demopolis.
That's how you do the shuffle.

Right I guess it helps to know where your going. Im wingin it. Gotta say tho I really line Dunedin Fl.

Right I guess it helps to know where your going. Im wingin it. Gotta say tho I really line Dunedin Fl.

If you gotta be stuck somewhere that's a pretty good place!

David

Left Gulf Shores Tuesday morning and arrived in Florence AL, our homeport, Sunday at 3 pm. Heavy current and medium debris until Demopolis, but decreasing daily. Heavy barge traffic, so difficult to schedule. Catfish at Bobby's is a treat !

Hey thanks for that, there's a lot less debris above Coffeville and the current has slacked off a bit too. We dropped anchor in sunflower bend inside the channel marker and still had plenty of water under us. Pulled anchor at 5:00am and hoping to make Demopolis tonight.

Good luck. A lot of debris around fuel dock. We stayed in new section at Demopolis. Very nice but hike to office. Make sure they have golf cart at new section. Made Columbus next night, then Bay Springs, then Florence. All depends on luck at locks. Be safe and have fun.

Thanks guys my trip just got put on hold. I've gotta go to California for a week with family. I hope to get going when I get back although I won't have crew. But hopefully the debrie will clear up

I just got to Pickwick from Mobile on the 25th. Great trip. We dodged debris more on the early part of the trip but it and the current got better as we went along. We took a cab to the airport and did one way rentals when we left the boat in Mobile. Looks like i am going back on maybe the 22nd to continue on down the Tennessee to Green Turtle Bay and then up the Cumberland to Nashville.

I just got to Pickwick from Mobile on the 25th. Great trip. We dodged debris more on the early part of the trip but it and the current got better as we went along. We took a cab to the airport and did one way rentals when we left the boat in Mobile. Looks like i am going back on maybe the 22nd to continue on down the Tennessee to Green Turtle Bay and then up the Cumberland to Nashville.

That's where I keep my boat and your trip to Green Turtle should be smooth now although the weather has been providing some challenges from what I hear

Hey Gwkiwi, you keep your boat in Nashville or GTB? Have you recently bought her? Hard to tell from the picture but she looks like the one that sold last year and of which i am familiar.

Stop in @ Paris Landin on your way to Green Turtle

Ill try to do that. We had been at GTB for the last 8 years and for the last few years have done a New Years cruise to Paris for a few days. We visit Ft Donelson and this year when I moved my boat to Nashville I got to see it from the water on the Cumberland. It is pretty cool when you come around the bend in the river and see those cannons aimed at you. Good history there.

Could someone give me an update on the rivers, north outta Mobile to Chattanooga

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom