EPA - May Outlaw 2-Cycle Detroit Diesels??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Detroit 2 cycle can be tier 2 compliant

I might purchase an older diesel powered boat. Have you heard about the following Detroit 2-Cycle diesel-engine cautionary tip I was recently provided by a working Captain? I look forward to learn your input and thank you for any info you may have. :thumb: Art

TIP: “You may be looking at a big problem buying a boat with Detroit 2-cycle engines. :confused:

EPA is in midst of getting outlawed all of the Detroit 2 cycles. These diesels do not meet tier II or III emission standards. Currently you can run them up to 300 hours annually. After 2013, not at all. :banghead:

This could force the throw away of perfectly good engines with expensive repower using something politically correct... if boat is equipped with Detroit 2-cycle engines.” :facepalm:

You can bring your Detroit Diesel into EPA tier 2 compliance. Contact company is CCTS - Clean Cam Technology Systems - they are able to
bring your diesel 2 stroke into compliance and the cost is minimal compared to a new engine.

Hmm. With all the crazies :dance:(present company excepted) , and the earthquakes :hide:...this is just another reason not to live in California.

You're absolutely right! Too Hot in the summer, and too cold in the winter, STAY AWAY!

You can bring your Detroit Diesel into EPA tier 2 compliance. Contact company is CCTS - Clean Cam Technology Systems - they are able to
bring your diesel 2 stroke into compliance and the cost is minimal compared to a new engine.

If CCT were able to pull this off it would be quite a feat. To be legal in CA the diesel testing procedures for over the road use cost several million with bonding, parent company guarantees and warranties required to fix non-compliant engines. Aren't we now talking Tier III/IV compliance? Are you part of the CCT group located in Bakersfield?

"Currently you can run them up to 300 hours annually. After 2013, not at all"

Will the constitution be violated again by having an observer live aboard your boat?

How will they know what any white boat does?

Mine is.

Are boats w DDs all white???

"White boat" is a common slang for yachts ,regardless of power choice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom