View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 06:47 AM   #1
Min Egen

City: Victoria B.C.
Smile Apollo 32 Information

Help! If you have, or know someone who has, information on the Apollo 32 made in Denmark I would very much appreciate hearing from you. I know that the boat's designs, drawings, etc. were donatedd to a Maritimme Museum in Denmark but have not had a response from them. The original owner picked the vessel up in Copenhagen and brought her back on her own bottom to Victoria, Canada. The ship's registry has her listed as being there ever since. I am the third owner and would like to make some changes but need more information about her hull. She was used as an ambulance ( the hull design ) and then her superstructure was modified to create a trawler.
While I am extremely happy with her performance I'm not sure if it would be foolhardy to try and take her down the West Coast of the United States and on into Mexico. Several people have suggested the best route is about 200 miles offshore while others advice to stay 'on the shelf' 8 to 12 miles off, still others say it would be foolish to attempt the trip in a MV of this size.
Any feedback regarding route(s), time of year, et cetera would be appreciated.
Thanks
Min Egen
Min Egen is offline   Reply With Quote