Should I post this trip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddyo

Guru
Vessel Name
Grace
Vessel Make
DeFever 48
I'm headed to Ft Pierce, FL on Sunday to sail a Kalik 44 up the 700 miles or so to Deltaville, VA. That's right "sail". Should I post the trip with AIS? I don't anticipate there being much to see as I should be too far offshore most of the time to transmit.

yes. Your trips and commentary are always interesting.
You helped inspire me and gave me the confidence to do what I wanted, long offshore passage.
Richard

Sure. Trip logs and photos are always fun to read. It's a way for all of us to go along with you as you journey.

Yes.....particularly if you end up anchoring in a hurricane. That was an incredible post, regardless of the provocative feedback.

Hi folks,
Sorry but I didn't see the responces in time. Just as well as I haven't had any signal. My 16 yr old son and I got to the boat Sun night. Ferreted out as best we could what worked and what didn't, etc. Got groceries and then learned the refrigeration was out. Headed out to sea in a boat you've only known for hours is a bit intimidating. There is no BoatUS 200 miles out. As it was other then the fridge and some minor stuff it wasn't a problem.
Left Mon noon after BoatUS pulled us out of the slip that we were hard aground in.

Just pulled into Beaufort, NC 517nm Wed night 8:00. That's 55hrs in a sailboat!

We found the stream fairly quickly off Ft Pierce and rode it till Tuesday morning. My son caught and we ate tonight a beautifull Mahi and a Big Eye Tuna.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130523_004258.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130523_004258.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 90
  • ForumRunner_20130523_004317.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130523_004317.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 97
My God, can you handle 12.7 knots..........:socool:
Keep posting, just love following you adventures :thumb:

Kinda funny I had to go sailing to go fast.

Temps were a very consistent 77 or maybe the gauge is broken. The stream is an awesome and very special place. If you ever get the chance to be there then by all means go. It's really mystical at night especially under a bright moon. The stream forever changed Hemingway. Headed to Ocracoke in the early am for some Memorial Day R&R family fun. AIS as always still under "Grace" even though this boat is no Grace :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom