another solar question, beating the dead horse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Twisted - Lithium as a molecule is an ion. So the NTSB is not looking at just one type. But most of the link skidgear provided is not informative really. Its an overview a few pages long on each subject each of those panels was assigned to look at. But yes, these cells appear to be far superior.

So far Lithium technology has been through 2 generations and is currently in its 3rd.

Thurman - LOL :D

Bob, I'm sorry. I'm Aron. Meant to include that in the last post. Yes, I'm right there with you on the different type of "hit" you get with the types of boost devices. While a turbo or centrifugal blower is a softer hit, it is in not as limited at the upper end in the way positive displacement units are. I could run double the boost if I chose to, and I don't have to change pulleys and add more friction to do it. But I can't. Its still a Pontiac engine, and the head bolt spacing is not sufficient for long term high boost. It does nicely though at 15 psi, and I usually just run it at 10...which is still over 1000 hp and in the neighborhood of 875 ft lbs torque.

Forgot to mention. Its set up with a gated road race oil pan and a 3 qt oil accumulator with a 2 qt racing filter. All told with the oil cooler in line 13 qts oil.

And that lightweight car of yours with a 427 small block is a serious machine.

Last edited:
Twisted - Lithium as a molecule is an ion. So the NTSB is not looking at just one type. But most of the link skidgear provided is not informative really. Its an overview a few pages long on each subject each of those panels was assigned to look at. But yes, these cells appear to be far superior.

So far Lithium technology has been through 2 generations and is currently in its 3rd.

That's correct, lithium ion encompasses the family of chemistries. The confusion arose when deckofficer stated that LFE is not a lithium ion battery. I also scratched my head when I read his statement. Note that most of the discussion in the NTSB forum was not in regard to the Boeing 787 battery chemistry. Of particular interest to me were the topics associated with individual cell monitoring, construction, cooling, and venting of the case. Of course that leads to questions regarding what gets vented, and fire fighting. When I see the actual minutes of this forum, I will post a link.

Last edited:

Attachments

• BATTS.jpg
    BATTS.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 63
2.7 megawatt-hour lithium polymer battery, now that is a big bank. I remember for cleaner port ops we had to switch from bunker to diesel, now to really clean things up in port their switching from diesel to battery. Thanks for the post.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom