Cummins 6CTA8.3-M205 FYR & M225 FYR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nabb

Veteran Member
Hi,
These two models of Cummins engines has been introduced me, and I want to know if anyone has had an experience or has come across these units. I want one these to propel a 55ft fishing/wet fish trawler with a side trawl.
All comments welcome and thanks for reading this.

Edington

If you post your question on boatdiesel with serial numbers, on of the Cummins gurus will look up the engines in the Cummins database and tell you what has been done to them.

They are solid engines.

David

There may be a fleet of fishing vessels in your country, try to find out which engine manufacturer is most common in the fleet it will probably be the one with the best service and parts availability in your area. An engine with a magnificent reputation in the USA may not work out for you if parts and service are not available where you will be using it.

Steve,
You are quite right, but down here most of the boats use DAF truck engines. Thats something I want to avoid. In saying this there are some boats that use marine engines. We do have Cummins, Cat, Pekrins dealership down here and i am not sure if marine units from them would be supported. I mean when it comes to parts and service. I will find out. The most common of the marine engines I know of is Perkins, but I am having a hard time trying to find a takeout or rebuilt in Perkins M190C or M215C.
I hope somebody can help.

Nabb

Good luck! An uncle of mine worked for GHASEL, Ghana Sugar Estates Ltd. for a while in the 70's in or near Komenda I believe.

Back
Top Bottom