eBoatCards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anode

Guru
Vessel Name
M/V Scout
Vessel Make
Sundowner Tug 30'
I know there's a lot of folks here that use ActiveCaptain. The eBoatCards from AC is up and running.
Jeff is looking for 'Group Suggestions'. Any interest in starting a Trawler Forum group if he agrees?
Pretty cool concept.

Seems like a great idea. I have not found anyone to exchange cards with yet

Yep, It's in it's infancy. I've been soliciting folks in my immediate area and they are coming around slowly and the numbers are growing.

Seems like a great idea. I have not found anyone to exchange cards with yet

Saw you in Ft. Pierce 2 or 3 months ago. Got this shot on a pretty day while taking shots around the marina. We also saw you at Boca Grande Marina a few years back after the big freeze.

img_157876_0_c2600eeeb8d5fa981bc5c0aa835db474.jpg

Got this shot on a pretty day while taking shots around the marina.

img_157877_0_c2600eeeb8d5fa981bc5c0aa835db474.jpg
Very nice boat! I'd like to see more of it...make....year....etc.

A brief explanation on eBoatCards?

So what is eBoatCards? :confused:

We have personal business cards that we give to people with the Eagle on them. Save explaining! :flowers:

Very nice boat! I'd like to see more of it...make....year....etc.

Walt, I don't know when Larry will see your comment, so I'll tell you what I think I know. I had a friend that recently sold his 37 Duffy bought through the Campbell yard at Oxford, MD. I think this one is a 36. Campbell finishes out hulls built by Duffy and possibly others to a very high standard. They are semi-custom, so power is optional. I have been to Oxford many times. It is a wonderful little town on the Tred Avon River. Love it.

One of these would make a great boat for you. 15-16 knot cruise is possible, and very comfortable. Here is a link to Campbell Atlantic.

Campbell's Custom Yachts in Oxford, Maryland, United States - Home

Walt, I don't know when Larry will see your comment, so I'll tell you what I think I know. I had a friend that recently sold his 37 Duffy bought through the Campbell yard at Oxford, MD. I think this one is a 36. Campbell finishes out hulls built by Duffy and possibly others to a very high standard. They are semi-custom, so power is optional. I have been to Oxford many times. It is a wonderful little town on the Tred Avon River. Love it.

One of these would make a great boat for you. 15-16 knot cruise is possible, and very comfortable. Here is a link to Campbell Atlantic.

Campbell's Custom Yachts in Oxford, Maryland, United States - Home

Very similar to the Zimmerman 36/38. Both the Duffy and the Zimmerman were, I believe, designed by Spencer Lincoln of Brookllin, ME.

If I'm not mistaken, eBoat Cards (back to the original topic, sorry) are a new take on social media for boaters. Not exactly FaceBook on the water, but basically the same general purpose. As an avid Active Captain user but non-FaceBook user, I'm on the fence here. I guess maybe if I HAD friends...

Seriously though, if it takes off it could really make cruisers into a much tighter community, and I wish Jeff all the best with this new endeavor. I'll sign up once my boat is fully rigged and I'm actually going places in it.

I have signed up for the eboat cards to see how it will work. We have a big boat card book that is difficult to find the right one when needed.. Could be a good thing.

I have signed up for the eboat cards to see how it will work. We have a big boat card book that is difficult to find the right one when needed.. Could be a good thing.

Just sent you a 'Friend Request' from boat name 'Scout':thumb:

Thanks, taken care of it. Glad to do it.:thumb:

I just finished mine no problem, I never did find my time zone out of the weird choices Paramaribo, Tegucigalpa, Abidjan, Asuncion, etc etc so I left it as New York, I'll figure that out later. I believe Central time is the same as Tegucigalpa, I'll check that out later.

Last edited:
Saw you in Ft. Pierce 2 or 3 months ago. Got this shot on a pretty day while taking shots around the marina. We also saw you at Boca Grande Marina a few years back after the big freeze.

Yes I remember..where are you now? We are in Oxford MD for a couple weeks
Send me a e card request

Larry

This is for moonstruck

The boat You ask about is a Campbell Custom Yacht. A 2007 37 foot, powered by a Cummings 540
Cruise at 15 top 22

Larry

Yes I remember..where are you now? We are in Oxford MD for a couple weeks
Send me a e card request

Larry

Larry, I sent the request.

We are at Fort Pierce City Marina on E dock next to Last Mango. Our transom is covered and the dinghy has a cover so the boat name is not visible. The covers are just for sun protection. We will be here for a few more months then work our way to SC and then the Chesapeake.

Enjoy Oxford---one of our favorite places. Especially like Lattitude 38 and Pier Street restaurants.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom