Follow me, Left marathon for Tennessee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The admiral got her oars outa the water and I can relax. Awe crap the sky's don't look to good I don't know if she can oar in the rain.7,,!

Attachments

• image-2416803545.jpg
    image-2416803545.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 177
I see people but motors on the dingys. Dang now the admirals gonna want one

Attachments

• image-1026883258.jpg
    image-1026883258.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 143
  • image-2545480961.jpg
    image-2545480961.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 143
One of the things we realized early on was only a couple cabinets actually latched shut. They all have latches now! Our checklist includes stowing a few key items where they can't get tossed around, too. It's all a learning curve! Glad she's hanging in there.

We thought we were prepared. We had that rubber contact paper between the dishes and latches. But when it's such a nice day you get a little lax.

Yep, cumulus tall clouds mean a lot of moisture build up. A tall anvil shaped cloud is a strong indication of a thunder storm. If you have radar, turn it on, and try the track the storms movement.

Funny you should say that then we had a heck of s storm without lighting. So I guess I had cumulus not anvil. I'm gonna goggle anvil cause that storm was bad enough. I can only imagine if lighting would've been popin along with it. Thanks for the help with weather I'm trying to get me a learnin there There's so much to learn but as I've heard others say ya just gotta git out there n git her done Learn as ya go. There are a lot of great mentors out hete

Time to get off the ball

Attachments

• image-1428864239.jpg
    image-1428864239.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 144
Leaving ft. Myers. Got 220 gallons of fuel. I love to watch the prop wash.

Attachments

• image-1153605813.jpg
    image-1153605813.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 126
  • image-1898263287.jpg
    image-1898263287.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 119
  • image-2700463689.jpg
    image-2700463689.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 117
Blow boaters coming to the beach

Attachments

• image-3945902083.jpg
    image-3945902083.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 127
She thinks the admiral is supposed to make coffee. The capt. Has to start the engines and look below

Anyone notice the pirate flag after the storm

They sure are pretty. I got a feelin they're cookin up a treat for dinner

Attachments

• image-2551241686.jpg
    image-2551241686.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 115
They sure are pretty. I got a feelin they're cookin up a treat for dinner

Yep, they're cooking alright. Usually done about 2 or 3 in the afternoon for the Florida Shower.

Yep, cumulus tall clouds mean a lot of moisture build up. A tall anvil shaped cloud is a strong indication of a thunder storm. If you have radar, turn it on, and try the track the storms movement.

When you see these clouds what do you do. I'm thinking maybe I should head out to sea until she unleashes but I'm not sure the seas would be any better. But I might miss the lighting if there is any. I don't have any blow boats to use for lighting rods. Lol. I'm a little confused about what anvil is.

Attachments

• image-470387468.jpg
    image-470387468.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 111
Yep, they're cooking alright. Usually done about 2 or 3 in the afternoon for the Florida Shower.

There's really no movement they're along the coast and inward. They just appear and disappear but they're over Sarasota which is where I wanna go. I heard there was a good marina trader jacks maybe.

No need to go off shore, it's shallow for 100 miles out.
If you get into a thunderstorm it will be short lived. Either plan on being anchored by 3pm or batten down the hatches. You won't get high seas, but will get a bit of wind. Shouldn't be a problem.

There's really no movement they're along the coast and inward. They just appear and disappear but they're over Sarasota which is where I wanna go. I heard there was a good marina trader jacks maybe.

Yes and pricy.

No need to go off shore, it's shallow for 100 miles out.
If you get into a thunderstorm it will be short lived. Either plan on being anchored by 3pm or batten down the hatches. You won't get high seas, but will get a bit of wind. Shouldn't be a problem.

I guess this is an every day thing for you guys down here in the spring. If you were worried about thunder storms you'd never go out, very far any way.

Does anyone know what kinda fish they catch in these here parts. I need something I can troll fur with lure. I got some tuna an dolphin lures. Some real pretty hard fish with triple hooks. If ya haven't guessed I'm just learnin at fish to. But man down in marathon that was the place to learn

David, if you plan to go in Big Sarasota Pass there has been recent shoaling reported. It's almost a local knowledge pass at best. Kinda screwy the way in winds in close to shore and makes the turn to starboard. I suggest that you call TowBoat/US or SeaTow for info.

Marina Jack's is a good place. There is a mooring field for about $20 a night. They are limited, so call ahead. You can walk to the restaurants in town from there, or the one at Marina Jack's is good.

Yes that looks like what is building to be an anvil shaped cloud. They get so tall that the winds aloft can be blowing a different direction, and blow the tops in a different direction or speed.

It is kind of touchy getting into Marina Jack's from the pass. You have to get to the GICW and go a little north, then turn around the point of a shoal to starboard. To me the markers are a little tricky at that intersection. Take your time, and figure them out. Gold triangle and squares are GICW.

David, if you plan to go in Big Sarasota Pass there has been recent shoaling reported. It's almost a local knowledge pass at best. Kinda screwy the way in winds in close to shore and makes the turn to starboard. I suggest that you call TowBoat/US or SeaTow for info.

Marina Jack's is a good place. There is a mooring field for about $20 a night. They are limited, so call ahead. You can walk to the restaurants in town from there, or the one at Marina Jack's is good.

Yes that looks like what is building to be an anvil shaped cloud. They get so tall that the winds aloft can be blowing a different direction, and blow the tops in a different direction or speed.

It is kind of touchy getting into Marina Jack's from the pass. You have to get to the GICW and go a little north, then turn around the point of a shoal to starboard. To me the markers are a little tricky at that intersection. Take your time, and figure them out. Gold triangle and squares are GICW.

Not sure it sounds worth all that thank you so much for the warning. Can you recommend anything nice before or close Ill wait for Clearwater to dock. We can anchor tonight I still have plenty of provisions on board. I got water with my fuel so the admiral can have a long shower she ll be happy. Lol

How about Venice I see a couple of anchors on active captain there are you familiar with this entrance

Not sure it sounds worth all that thank you so much for the warning. Can you recommend anything nice before or close Ill wait for Clearwater to dock. We can anchor tonight I still have plenty of provisions on board. I got water with my fuel so the admiral can have a long shower she ll be happy. Lol

The closest good inlet is about 20 miles south at Venice. A very good well jettied inlet. There is a good marina , The Crow's Nest, just inside the inlet on your starboard. The restaurant is great, and the bar downstairs is really good. They have loaner bikes if you want to go into to town. There was an anchoring spot around the corner to the south, but I think the city was putting in a mooring field there. I think it is east of Roberts Bay.

I like the Crow's Nest. Been there many times. The pass is very straight forward, but can have a fast current.

The closest good inlet is about 20 miles south at Venice. A very good well jettied inlet. There is a good marina , The Crow's Nest, just inside the inlet on your starboard. The restaurant is great, and the bar downstairs is really good. They have loaner bikes if you want to go into to town. There was an anchoring spot around the corner to the south, but I think the city was putting in a mooring field there. I think it is east of Roberts Bay.

I like the Crow's Nest. Been there many times. The pass is very straight forward, but can have a fast current.

+1:thumb:

Venice inlet is the best inlet south of Tampa Bay and just a couple of hours to get up to Marina Jacks if that's your intent. You still have 4 hours of daylight so you should be able to do it. However if you're not in a hurry, the Crows Nest is a great overnight.

Well we blew by Venice. Il probably just anchor tonight I'm feelin a little tired. Feel like dropping the hook and getting some sleep. I didn't get my nap today

Hopefully I can follow the markers. It looks like the southern pass would be best. Boy this sure turned out to be a great day on the water. Looks like we dodged the storms today.

Are you on the ICW or in the Gulf?? If in the Gulf, I don't think Big Sarasota Pass is recommended, I've never tried it. Longboat Key Pass will be your next available inlet.

Are you on the ICW or in the Gulf?? If in the Gulf, I don't think Big Sarasota Pass is recommended, I've never tried it. Longboat Key Pass will be your next available inlet.

I'll look for long boat key pass

Yes I am on the gulf. I still got a little day light.

Attachments

• image-3493763230.jpg
    image-3493763230.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 129
Back
Top Bottom