View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #91
Nomad Willy
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
I took this off WBO site and hope I won't get trouble for it and don't even know if I can post it.http://threesheetsnw.com/files/2012/01/BlueHeron.jpg

OK GOOD it worked.
Designed by William Garden in 1955. There were 4 made reportedly all to the same owner. This is within the period when yachts were really beautiful and this one is. She is beautiful to me even though she has design features I don't like. He even managed to make style boards a plus simply by making them slender thus smaller. There's a phony stack that's not too bad either. Must be phony as there's no exhaust pipe showing.
Mark I think we can classify Blue Heron as a "slicer" judging by her wake.
I've still not ever seen anyone use davits like that and I'm not exactly sure how they work.
Notice the long row of rectangular ports that expand her visual length. That radar looks like it could be the first one built.
Another thing maximizing her visual length is the 99% unbroken sheer line. Any little jog or similar deviation from a straight sheer makes a boat look shorter.
Notice how clean the bow looks w/o bow pulpit structure and excessive hand rails. Since I see no bow anchor davit like lifting spar so I'm guessing Blue Heron has a hawse hole on the stbd side and a Danforth anchor.

I'm not clear how the side deck is alongside the wheelhouse. Is there a side deck or is it wide body? Help me out here.

Later ......

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote