Marinized John Deere/Cat Diesels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nabb

Veteran Member
Hi,
I have read some where that JD has been selling marinized diesels for over 5 years. I would be grateful if some of you guys can give me any lead to contact. I am interested in the 6068. I do also understand Cat also do same, my interest here is in the marinized Cat3056.

Any thoughts and leads would be much appreciated.

Edington

Can't help. My 2010 JD4045, however, has performed flawlessly.

Last edited:
from Caterpillar website listing for distribution for marine:

Unatrac International
Km 28 Alexandria Cairo Desert Road
Amreya
(Alexandria) Egypt

Phone: +203 4481043
Telefax: +203 4481042

From John Deere distribution listing:

We are sorry, but a Dealer is not available in the Country for the Product Category selected.

Please contact us for distribution information in your area at
John Deere Power Systems
Address:
B. P. 11013
F-45401 Fleury-les-Aubrais CEDEX
France

Phone:
33-2-38-82-61-57
Fax:
33-2-38-84-62-66
E-mail Address:
saranservice@johndeere.com

Hope this helps. May be a place to start.

Try MER Equipment in Seattle, 800-777-0714

Northern Lights/Lugger has been marinizing John Deere engines long before JD started doing it themselves. Some way that their marinization is better than JD's.

David

The Cat 3056 and Perkins Sabre 225TI are the same engine. Reliable and no problems with engines if you keep up with the maintenance (I have two). Same for the JD 6068, it is a good engine.

Your application and set up will determine a lot of your future success or failure, irrespective of brand.

JD 6068 and Cat 3056

The Cat 3056 and Perkins Sabre 225TI are the same engine. Reliable and no problems with engines if you keep up with the maintenance (I have two). Same for the JD 6068, it is a good engine.

Your application and set up will determine a lot of your future success or failure, irrespective of brand.

Thanks for this insight, somebody told me few weeks ago that Cat 3056 is actually Perkins and I did not believe him. I am considering one of engines to power a 57ft fishing trawler.

Nabb

Yup, yellow vs blue paint and hopefully correct name tags. I've met many fishermen in Alaska with the Perkins Sabre. The associated Hurth transmission is a good one too.

Since 1998 at least.

Our Krogen came with a 6068D in 1998. Has been flawless for the 4400+ hours we have cruised. Our NL generator (5kw) has been more of a problem. So I'm not so sure that NL does a better job of marinization.

In a difficult area it might be better to modify the vessel to operate with keel cooling and a dry stack exhaust .

Then ANY engine can be fitted , no marinization required , although an asbestos insulating wrap on the exhaust manifold will keep the engine space cooler. As will more powerful engine space ventilation.

Still loads cheaper ( 1/10?) of a marinized diesel from a marine store to fit a used truck engine with marine tranny.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom